Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My Japanese Puton is really strutting its stuff. Looks great but it also does doing its thing in winter as well!

Reaction score
Beautiful :) Thanks for sharing, it's indeed such a majestic tree to admire! I love the color of those tiny flowers, it's ''lila'' colored? Or am I wrong? I ask because none of the cameras I've ever owned seem to capture that kind of colors right.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a gorgeous tree:) I love it, it looks beautiful both in winter and in spring. The second picture reminds me of my favorite lilac that grows in my parents' garden.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Beautiful :) Thanks for sharing, it's indeed such a majestic tree to admire! I love the color of those tiny flowers, it's ''lila'' colored? Or am I wrong? I ask because none of the cameras I've ever owned seem to capture that kind of colors right.
Yes it is lilac Trellum.... :)...very soft and pretty colour . The blossom is short lived so I'm making the most of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
This is a gorgeous tree:) I love it, it looks beautiful both in winter and in spring. The second picture reminds me of my favorite lilac that grows in my parents' garden.
Thanks Claudine, I think the flowers are lilac shaped but huge in comparison to a lilac flower. Same pretty colour though.

Reaction score
Yes it is lilac Trellum.... :)...very soft and pretty colour . The blossom is short lived so I'm making the most of it.

Lilac just like the color of your text (y):love: It's such a shame the blossoms are so short lived, I had the same issue with a hibiscus I was gifted some years ago, the blossoms only lasted one single day :( I hope yours last much longer!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thanks Claudine, I think the flowers are lilac shaped but huge in comparison to a lilac flower. Same pretty colour though.
It's my favorite color:love:
Huge lilac shaped flowers sound even better than regular lilac flowers:D I'd love to grow a Japanese Puton tree:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is a gorgeous tree both in bloom and in bare bone! I love the color of their flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Just lovely! Is it native to Japan? I'm guessing from the name that it is, but I haven't seen it here - maybe it goes by a different name perhaps!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Just lovely! Is it native to Japan? I'm guessing from the name that it is, but I haven't seen it here - maybe it goes by a different name perhaps!
Just double checked and I have spelt it incorrectly....Japanese Powton.....also known as Sapphire Dragon Paulownia, Empress Tree or Princes Tree. Apparently a native of China so I don't know where I got the Japanese from. It's the name I think I was give when I bought it, well that's how I remember it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Lilac just like the color of your text (y):love: It's such a shame the blossoms are so short lived, I had the same issue with a hibiscus I was gifted some years ago, the blossoms only lasted one single day :( I hope yours last much longer!
From memory I get about a month Trellum. It's already starting to decorate the lawn with confetti which is also pretty in itself. It's. 6.30am and I'm out here soaking it up before it's gone.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
It's my favorite color:love:
Huge lilac shaped flowers sound even better than regular lilac flowers:D I'd love to grow a Japanese Puton tree:love:
The powton ( I'm correcting my spelling) is a really fast grower so if you get a chance to plant one you'll almost see it growing Claudine. The leaves are ludicrously big when the tree is young but they reduce amazingly in size to a much more "appropriate" size.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The powton ( I'm correcting my spelling) is a really fast grower so if you get a chance to plant one you'll almost see it growing Claudine. The leaves are ludicrously big when the tree is young but they reduce amazingly in size to a much more "appropriate" size.
So it's a Japanese powton, not puton?

It sounds wonderful. I love when plants and trees grow really fast, because watching them grow is very interesting:) I hope one day I will have my own garden and will be able to plant a tree like this in it:)

Reaction score
From memory I get about a month Trellum. It's already starting to decorate the lawn with confetti which is also pretty in itself. It's. 6.30am and I'm out here soaking it up before it's gone.

Enjoy it, my friend! At least you got one full month ;) I'd love to see a picture of how that pretty confetti decorates your garden as well, I also think that in a way that is also incredibly beautiful!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Enjoy it, my friend! At least you got one full month ;) I'd love to see a picture of how that pretty confetti decorates your garden as well, I also think that in a way that is also incredibly beautiful!
I'll certainly take a photo of it. It's so wonderful to have all you guys interested in such things. It's not everyone "thing", is it? :confused: It's great not having to be careful not to bore people:LOL:

Ask a Question