Mom planted seeds and can't remember what they are

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

My name is Beth, and I am a new member and a novice at growing anything except orchids. I live in South Fl, zone 9b, my mom planted a ton of seeds but forgot to label, does anyone know what this is, and is it ok to transplant outside?

Attachments

• what is this.jpg
    what is this.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 143
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello,

My name is Beth, and I am a new member and a novice at growing anything except orchids. I live in South Fl, zone 9b, my mom planted a ton of seeds but forgot to label, does anyone know what this is, and is it ok to transplant outside?
In south florida I doubt if it is going to freeze anytime soon. However, these plants are too young to transplant into the ground. Wait until they have true leaves to transplant. But, these plants are showing legginess, they are reaching for light. Put them outside in the sunshine out of the wind. I have no clue as to what they are at this time.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chuck,
Thank you so much for your reply, I will set them outside, but as I recall, I thought she said she was going to plant okra, I will try your suggestion...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Chuck,
Thank you so much for your reply, I will set them outside, but as I recall, I thought she said she was going to plant okra, I will try your suggestion...
If those seedlings in the picture are okra they DO NOT transplant, Okra seeds are sown directly into the ground. The only way to transplant okra is if the seedlings are in individual containers and even this is iffy. Also okra is a HOT weather vegetable and although you are in S. Florida it is still fall/winter and the temperature and daylight hours are probably not enough for a decent crop.

Ask a Question