Airhead moments.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Have you ever had one of those airhead moments? You're distracted, or tired, or coming down with something, or had one too many, and suddenly you "find yourself" doing something that makes you think... What .am I doing?! :eek:

C'mon... you know you have... :cautious:

Last night I was at work, and I was very tired. To add to that, just before closing the store, I had had a brief conflict with a customer. I was mentally rehashing that (and worrying a bit that I'd "get in trouble,") so I was distracted. I was on the computer, trying to get the deposit ready, and when I went to enter a number, the cursor would not move. After several seconds of this, I looked at my hand, only to realize I had been pushing around the stapler!! :oops:

I've found myself trying to put my car key in the front door.

I've paid for gas, gotten distracted talking to somebody, then gotten in my car and driven away without pumping the gas.

After bringing home groceries, I have found my keys in both the refrigerator and the freezer.

I know I'm not alone in this. Please share your sudden attacks of stupidity!! :ROFLMAO:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Found myself wanting to click to enlarge on the telly :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh, honey, if I listed all my distracted/forgetful/noncompos mentis moments, it would take several paragraphs!
I think one of the best was when I went to open the chicken coop to let the ladies out to their outside coop, and instead opened the entrance door and let all the hens out into the wild! It took a full hour to get them all back inside.
My husband "loses" his glasses a lot, but that's because he needs his glasses to find his glasses.

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I love the stapler instead of mouse part! Hilarious.

We all have those moments; one of mine was locking the keys in the house o_O

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also have many airhead moment, and I can relate to some of your cases! I locked my toddler in the car with the key inside, I used mouthwash to clean the tub, etc. I supposed after all the 'Incidents" that I had, I just had to laugh at them and said to myself "everyone does this sometimes", LOL..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Too many to list here too! (nb: the older you get, the worse it gets...) :p

Just a few days ago I was reading a magazine article, in paper actual magazine form. A word was printed in blue ink, and I tapped it to open the link. o_O

I've also driven away without pumping the gas I just paid for. I've also driven away from the bank drive-through with the canister thingie still in my truck, and left my debit card in the ATM - luckily can't do that now with the chip cards!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yes, I would go on with too many to list, but one of my regulars is to get something out of the cupboard for a recipe, and forget I had gotten it out, and be looking in the cupboard again for the item thinking "I know I had some whatever it is" 5 minutes later of course I spy the item already sitting on the counter. This has happened more times than I can count!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a few days ago I was reading a magazine article, in paper actual magazine form. A word was printed in blue ink, and I tapped it to open the link. o_O

That is probable the best little laugh I have gotten in a while, so thanks for that. I can almost picture the face of anyone who would do this, and I am sure you also had a good laugh at yourself, at least I hope you were able to. Just goes to show you the times in which we live. I guess you'll know next time...maybe.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I went to open the chicken coop to let the ladies out to their outside coop, and instead opened the entrance door and let all the hens out into the wild! It took a full hour to get them all back inside.
How many ladies? :ROFLMAO: I wish I could've seen that!
Ah, all those senior moments. One time I .............. I forgot what I was going to say.
My father always said that as long as you, personally, knew one person 15 years older than you; you're not old. They are. :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
MaryMary, we have 22 hens, and you would not believe the amount of ground they can cover when let out of the coop! Think of a stampede of two-legged critters . . . . Things may have gone better and quicker if I hadn't been trying to lasso themo_O.
I like your father's saying, but it's getting harder and harder to find someone 15 years older than I am.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
MaryMary, we have 22 hens, and you would not believe the amount of ground they can cover when let out of the coop! Think of a stampede of two-legged critters . . . . Things may have gone better and quicker if I hadn't been trying to lasso themo_O.
I like your father's saying, but it's getting harder and harder to find someone 15 years older than I am.
Chickens herd about as well as cats do so I can imagine all of your spent exercise. I have never lassoed a chicken or tried to. I guess the secret is using a skinny rope?

Ask a Question