Favorite Butterfly Moments

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Did you know that there are around 17,500 species of butterflies worldwide, from North America's iconic Monarch Butterfly to the colorful and unmistakable Peacock Butterfly? Butterflies are among the most welcomed insects in gardens as they help pollinate flowers, support biodiversity and simply make the world look better. There may only be a few dozen species where you live, but their presence can completely change the feeling of your garden in a positive way.

1659472764350-png.91981

As most of us absolutely adore butterflies and enjoy spending time with them, this thread has been created as a place to share your favorite butterfly moments. Feel free to include any photo you have taken of a butterfly, whether it is in your garden, in a park or a wildlife reserve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Butterflies are among the most welcomed insects in gardens
Well, most of them, not the 'cabbage white' types that lay eggs by the hundred on my brassicas.

I don't think there are as many this year (Butterflies generally, not cabbage whites, there are lots of them). We have a patch of verbena bonariensis at the back of the flower bed and I usually see painted ladies, red admirals, peacocks and fritillary in reasonable numbers , but only a few this year and not all of them.

Ask a Question