OK, stupid question time - so which part of the chamomile do you use?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Last year I grew some lovely chamomile plants that bloomed like crazy and dropped seeds in every pot they were near. Now I've got chamomile coming up everywhere. My question is, and it's the same question I had last year and never got the nerve to ask, what part of the chamomile plant do you actually make tea from? The flowers? The leaves? The seeds? Is there a part I should avoid? or a stage in growth I should avoid? How about preparation - do I just dry it? Is it OK to make tea from the undried leaves/flowers/seeds - or whatever you make tea from?

I am sure these answers are online somewhere, but everything I've found just says 'make a tea of...' rather than telling me what part to make the tea from. I'd appreciate a little help. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ask and ye shall! Thank you! I swear I couldn't find that little bit of info anywhere! Awesome!

Ask a Question