Temperature Alarm and Soil Thermometer ..Am I done yet?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Well I got frustrated of getting interrupted sleep because of running out to the greenhouse several times a night to make sure the heater didn't cut out on me so I ordered a temperature alarm. Going to be shipped to me by Lowes.

I now have my soil thermometer.

I do have wireless thermometers as well but no alarm on these.

I hooked up my dc timers to my solar panels to run ceiling fans when the sun shines.

I've got a big bag of water lying on the floor under a low pot stand. This will be heated with a solar water heater that I made which will circulate, once again, when the sun shines on another solar panel which will power a pump.

I've got low flow irrigation set up pretty well everywhere and a fertilizer injector to feed it.

I just know I am missing something.

Please tell me what I am missing other than fair weather.

I want a good start to this year's gardening season.

many thanks,
Lori

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Well, I got my temp alarms and the horn that is supposed to trigger when the little remotes go off and so far all I've been able to accomplish is to have them yell at me. No communication between them. Looks like tomorrow is going to be a busy day...
The alarms are by Ideal Security.
If anyone has had experience with these and can help me with temp alarms for Dummies instructions, I would greatly appreciate it!
many thanks
Lori

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
hmmm, I didn't have any issues with pests. Maybe I didn't see them. Good idea.
Thank you!
p.s. that alarm will wake the dead - and I am glad - had to run downstairs a few times and flash my jammies at the plants while I adjusted the fans.

Ask a Question