Mole in back garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

A mole has recently decided to take up residence in my back garden.
Our house backs on to a ditch, and then a dirt track and then a big field - I have included a picture for some context.
I first noticed a large hill when we came back from holiday 3 weeks ago, since then it has created another large mound and about 3 smaller mounds.

I contacted a mole removal professional and they quoted £380 + VAT to come and set traps and then periodically come back to check the traps.
I just don't have anywhere near that sort of money.

Would appreciate any recommendations on what can be done...
Can i catch it with my hands?
Can i purchase traps and set them myself?

Many thanks

Attachments

• Mole 1.jpg
    Mole 1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Mole 2.jpg
    Mole 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please look up info online re: moles. We leave our moles to do their thing. Moles help to aerate soil and moles also eat grubs and other critters harmful to your garden plants.
Please don't call in pest control. Save that money and put it to better use beautifying your little garden paradise.

Reaction score
Country
Panama
Hello, buy an ultrasonic repeller, even the one used for mice will do.

you can catch it too; Bury a large and deep plastic bucket next to his entrance and deep so that he has a passage to the bucket. Make a large hole under the lid of the bucket, the size of an adult mole. Place root vegetables at the bottom of the bucket.
I think you will understand everyone in a day. Just don’t kill them, take them far out of town and release them there near some ravine under the roots of a tree so that they can bury themselves without danger.

Ask a Question