Mole problems and more

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm quite frustrated right now with some pests in my garden. Every year I have problems with moles in my garden, and they always end up stunting at least one of my plants. This year, they seem to have messed up my cucumber plant, although it wasn't killed at least. Does anyone have some good advice on dealing with moles? My dad has tried using mole traps for years, but they very rarely kill any moles. I'm really sick of losing crops to moles.

Another problem I've been having every year is that I find at least one pepper plant completely destroyed, with the only thing left in the ground being the stem. When the plant is destroyed, it is always pretty small, so whatever is destroying my plants most likely is small too. This year, one of my banana pepper plants was killed, with the stem being the only thing left in the ground again. I was able to find a few torn up leaves as well, meaning that the plant was not eaten. Does anyone know what could be doing this? The banana pepper was the only plant killed. Also, there is mulch around the plant and no weeds, which should've helped prevent bugs from killing it, but I guess it didn't.

Last edited:

Ask a Question