Miniature roses

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love roses! I used to have a little miniature rose bush once; it was so sweet! I'd actually forgotten about it. I may have to try miniatures again.

@LovingLife, you could always try banana peel. It is supposed to be very good for regular roses and doesn't even have to be composted first.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Today I had to move my miniature roses to the attic. They'll stay there for the whole winter. Maybe it's silly, but I feel lonely without them:( . They're only plants, I know, but I love them and love seeing them every morning:( .

Reaction score
@ Claudine I got my first miniature rose plants a few days ago. It is very tiny but full of buds at the moment.. I will put up a picture as son as it is in bloom.. it is in a grow bag and I am a little hesitant to transplant it into a container.
I will get a few more ... if I can manage some space.

Reaction score
I have tried growing some miniature roses before. They are not that difficult to take care of. However, the ones that I had were missing something which I like about roses - the scent. So when I plant roses, I tend to go for the big red velvets. These give off a very strong and heady perfume.

Reaction score
I just got some little red miniature roses. My boyfriend came to visit me, which is the first I've seen him in person in over a year. He'd planned on buying me your average bouquet of roses but I asked for a live pot of miniature roses instead :) They were so pretty but now they're dormant (I think) I have them next to my window which lets in a good deal of the cold air outside. It's losing all of its leafs and flowers and I'm a little worried.

Reaction score
I wanted to share a picture of my little plant in bloom. I am so happy that I bought this.. this tiny plant is filled with flowers now.

minature roses pink.jpg

Reaction score
I'm glad I read this thread. A friend once gave me a pot of miniature roses, but they died in the fall and I threw them out. Now I regret it because now I'm learning here that I could have perhaps saved them :(. They were so delicate and beautiful that I hated to see them die. I'm going to get some more in the spring and give it another go because I hate to fail.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't know how I missed new posts here, in one of my favorite threads. Maddie, your miniature rose is so lovely! I'll post pictures of my roses as soon as I'll have them back in my room. Now they're dormant in the attic and although to me they always look beautiful, I think it will be better to wait with taking pictures.
Lanie, yes, if you moved your roses to a colder place they probably would survive. I hope you'll have new ones and I hope they'll be very pretty:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Very nice, Maddie! You are all making me think I should give miniature roses a try again. My plants seem to fare better outdoors so I am waiting for things to get a bit warmer before I do anything new. My mom has plenty of fruit and veggies going so I think I will stick with herbs and flowers for now.

Reaction score
@claudine
How come we all know that you have beautiful maniture flowers. Please share pictures with us. We want to see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Right now my roses are dormant and aren't very photogenic because they don't have leaves, but I have some old photos on this computer. Unfortunately the quality is really poor because they were taken with my old cell phone.

This is my very first miniature rose, it's much bigger now:

SP_A0542.jpg

Pink rose, these flowers are fragrant:

SP_A0652.jpg

And this rose I got right before the winter:

SP_A1056.jpg

Reaction score
Those are lovely Claudine.. I am particularly fond of pink roses.. Pale pinks. I will have a picture of my pale pink roses here when they bloom.

Ask a Question