Mini rose identification- red with white stripes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all! I just got my first miniature rose from a grocer yesterday and it came with one of those vague sticker tags. I know only that it's a parade rose and I was hoping to find out the variety! Any help or resources would be appreciated.
PXL_20211217_041848325.jpg
PXL_20211217_181749882.MP.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
There are many similar roses with similar colors. I can't say for sure, but it could be Imola PatioHit Rose, or Parade Gigi Rose from Kordes ... but there are others too, I just remembered the most common varieties.

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I read it was a Parade Rose (Poulsen). I immediately thought about the Gigi™ Rose, even though that is technically in Poulsen's Party Series, rather than Parade Series. Some one gave me a rose that I tentatively identified as Gigi™. I've had it planted in ground for three years now and is about 18 inches tall where it receives only general garden care without any fuss.

The actual name for Gigi™ is Rosa x 'Poulty019'. It was bred by Poulsen in Denmark an introduced in 2011.
There is a similar rose in the Parade Series: the Nidia™ Rose (Rosa X 'Poulpar85'), introduced in 2013

I should add that Poulsen has several different miniature rose collections, and literally hundreds of cultivars so there could be others to consider, but most of these are not mass-marketed or commonly available so it is unlikely.

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I read it was a Parade Rose (Poulsen). I immediately thought about the Gigi™ Rose, even though that is technically in Poulsen's Party Series, rather than Parade Series. Some one gave me a rose that I tentatively identified as Gigi™. I've had it planted in ground for three years now and is about 18 inches tall where it receives only general garden care without any fuss.

The actual name for Gigi™ is Rosa x 'Poulty019'. It was bred by Poulsen in Denmark an introduced in 2011.
There is a similar rose in the Parade Series: the Nidia™ Rose (Rosa X 'Poulpar85'), introduced in 2013

I should add that Poulsen has several different miniature rose collections, and literally hundreds of cultivars so there could be others to consider, but most of these are not mass-marketed or commonly available so it is unlikely.
Thanks Marck! I will look into it, I just discovered on the tag it's from Rocket farms. I will see if I can find those cultivars on their site

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting.You inspired me to visit the Liberty Farms site too. It's funny, they list six cultivars of Poulsen Roses, but not Gigi™ or Nidia™, ...but then they do show a picture of a bi-color red & white rose on the same page. I suspect, that they offer more cultivars than they list.
Actually, a couple of the ones that they do list are now considered 'historical' cultivars, only in limited production.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting.You inspired me to visit the Liberty Farms site too. It's funny, they list six cultivars of Poulsen Roses, but not Gigi™ or Nidia™, ...but then they do show a picture of a bi-color red & white rose on the same page. I suspect, that they offer more cultivars than they list.
Actually, a couple of the ones that they do list are now considered 'historical' cultivars, only in limited production.
Yes, I went to Rocket farm's website and saw the same thing, they don't list the red and white one! So I decided to ask them directly on Twitter! I will update you when I have my answer

Ask a Question