Miniature rose won't bloom after winter

Reaction score
Country
Armenia
Hello everyone!
My indoor miniature rose won't bloom after the winter
The buds die out without growing up from canes. But the leaves are growing very healthily (though there are several yellowish ones)

P.s I water the rose each 2-3 days, when the soil feels dry and I use a fertilizer once-twice a month.

Does anyone have any idea what this can be?

Thanks in advance for any answer!

Attachments

• IMG_20200512_112050.jpg
    IMG_20200512_112050.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20200512_112206.jpg
    IMG_20200512_112206.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 120
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am a vegetable gardener but a plant is a plant. If this were a pepper or tomato I would say two things are wrong. The first is either thrips insects attacking the blooms or botrytis disease and the second is that the plant needs more iron. See how the leaves turn yellow and the veins stay green? That is a sign of iron deficiency and the way to treat it is to apply Chelated Iron. To treat thrips use a systemic insectcide. I don't know how to treat botrytis

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
They need more lighting because there is too much space between the leaves on the stems. . Plus the leaves lack chlorophyll and have a dull green look. Put your miniature rose on a south or west-facing window where it will get at least five hours of direct sun exposure. Turn container once a week so all sides of the plant are exposed to the sun. If you do all the that, you'll will get flowers.

Reaction score
Country
Armenia
Can a phyto-lamp be an alternative? As I'm not sure I can place it somewhere in my house so that it gets at least 5 hours of sunlight. I think now the rose gets not more than 3 hours of sunlight

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We had two miniature roses in four or five inch pots as Christmas presents. When they died off, rasther than chuck them out I put them on the kitchen window sill for a few weeks then transplanted them to ten inch pots in Febuary with new compost and put them on the patio steps.

With a bit of rose feed, they're doing quite well, with a few buds on each.

P1040155.JPG

P1040156.JPG

Ask a Question