Problems with Mini-Roses...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Uh, I wasn't sure if here or the indoor plants forum would be more appropriate so feel free to tell me to move...
My Mom bought me some really small indoor Mini-roses in a small pot with a Ladybug container around a month ago. (I'll include pictures at the end) I watered it pretty well for a bit, and then I forgot for a couple of days, and it started dying a little bit. I've saved plants before so I figured if I watered it consistently and made sure it got a whole lot of water it would get better. I'm planning on cutting back because that might have worsened the problem but what's worrying me is that while most of the plant looks healthy, the flower petals are dried and the stem directly under the bud is black as can be... Some of the leaves also started turning yellow at the edges and curling in as well.
I honestly just really love this gift and don't want it to die, is there any advice you guys could give me on what to do?

Sorry for the low quality I tried...

Attachments

• P_20190304_033957_LL.jpg
    P_20190304_033957_LL.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 165
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Intaspend. :) Roses no matter what their size need root space, they are also hungry plants. I would suggest that you re-pot your plant into a pot twice the size of the one it's in now using one that has drainage holes. If the roots don't look crammed when you take it from it's own pot just move it on to the new one in it's current soil and fill the rest of the pot with new soil or compost. I would sprinkle either a rose fertiliser or 'blood, fish and bone' on the soil and water that in. I would continue the feeding through spring and summer every two to three months. At the moment with constant watering any nutrients in the soil have been washed out.

Remove all buds at this point to allow the rose to settle into it's new pot, it will soon produce more. Also remove the black stem and any others that look diseased or damaged.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Intaspend. :) Roses no matter what their size need root space, they are also hungry plants. I would suggest that you re-pot your plant into a pot twice the size of the one it's in now using one that has drainage holes. If the roots don't look crammed when you take it from it's own pot just move it on to the new one in it's current soil and fill the rest of the pot with new soil or compost. I would sprinkle either a rose fertiliser or 'blood, fish and bone' on the soil and water that in. I would continue the feeding through spring and summer every two to three months. At the moment with constant watering any nutrients in the soil have been washed out.

Remove all buds at this point to allow the rose to settle into it's new pot, it will soon produce more. Also remove the black stem and any others that look diseased or damaged.
Thank you! I will do that. Crosses fingers I'll be sure to give an update after a while on if it works.

Ask a Question