Meyer Lemon tree node theory + inosculation of 2 separate tree's of different variety at the trunk questions

Zig

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted a Meyer Lemon seed that sprouted 2 tree's, one meyer lemon tree and one unknown hybrid tree. I decided if this is how these seeds grow in nature then the trunks would naturally fuse together eventually in natures own grafting process. I decided to try it for myself after seeing a video of a nursery owner showing a volunteer orange tree that was actually 2 different types of orange trees fused together like I am talking about, it was fruiting after 5 years growing 2 different types on either side of the tree. Now I've been introduced to the citrus node theory and it got me thinking about how 2 trees fused together may or may not combine node counts or affect each others required node count for fruiting in any way. Picture is on their 1 year birthday today. Any theories or knowledge on this?

Attachments

• 20231011_105422.jpg
    20231011_105422.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Ask a Question