Mexico Earthquake

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
My youtube singing makes Bev cry :eek: :D
Only that one song and if i cry it doesn't mean i don't like your singing. And come to think of it has been awhile and it would be nice if you did another.one:)

Now we just have to badger @MaryMary until she does at least one.
coffee time.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
An aftershock is usually within a couple days, but can come up to a month after a major quake.
There were 2000 aftershocks the night after the Loma Prieta earthquake in San Francisco gave us a 7.1 in l989, when the marina district burned, the nimitz freeway pancaked, and a portion of the Bay Bridge fell into the water Everyone was on edge for a long time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
As if Mexico didn't have enough to cope with...:eek:
laughing girl2.gif
Oh yes, it is just one thing after another somewhere in Mexico, but actually during hurricane and tropical storm season this is hardly newsworthy and i was surprised to see it written up. While i have never seen fish falling down with the rain, it is not uncommon for little frogs and tadpoles to do so. Did you hear about the large rafts of red ants floating in the water off the Carolina coast during one of their more recent hurricanes?
faint.gif

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just hope my van don't start floating then, the red ants will be in with me :eek:

DSCI0001.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs i think the way it works is that the red ants build a raft (of red ants i think) under your van, carry it to the water and set sail so they will not be in your van but under it. When they reach land they will haul you and your van up and build another nest under the hitch. God knows where you will end up...better secure the van to Boris so it will be more difficult for them to haul away. Maybe you will end up on the Mexico coast and get hit in the head with a fish or 3 or 4
girl uncertain.gif

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We did have a tsunami here once, i'll get a pic of the debris next time i'm down the coast :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
A tsunami @zigs ? Was it earthquake generated? and where was the quake? Does any of the debris have hints as to where it might have originated?

Ask a Question