Hello from Mexico

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone!

I'm a German living in Mexico and since 2 years I'm very lucky to call a very nice house with a huge garden my home. Said garden is supposed to have a gardener included, but he's more "the guy for everything" and doesn't really know anything about gardening, so he's basically mowing and watering the lawn/ wildly growing plants and that's it. I'm not too upset about it, because I love gardening, but as I said this garden is huuuuge and besides a lot of lawn and many trees (incl fruit trees) there is a lot of space for future flower beds etc.. Long story short, I'm overwhelmed by this place that didn't receive much care and love in the past, so I'll need advice! Thanks in advance, I'm excited to get going!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the forums! I'm in Central Texas, not all that different from parts of Mexico, so I may be able to help with plant suggestions and advice on caring for them.
If you have a question about a plant, a photo of it would be very helpful. Also, and I don't mean to be nosy, if you could tell us what part of Mexico you are living in, that would help too. Mexico and Texas both have lots of growing zones and what works in one, might not in another zone.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy @GerMex, welcome aboard :). Sounds wonderful - I'd love to see some photos! :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Welcome @GerMex, i am from the US living in Mexico for 16 years now so i may be able to help you out. What kind of climate do you find yourself living in? Mexico has so many diverse climates and altitudes:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
and me
smhi.gif
@GerMex

Ask a Question