Mexico Earthquake

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A tsunami @zigs ? Was it earthquake generated? and where was the quake? Does any of the debris have hints as to where it might have originated?

Long time ago, no one knows.
The debris is just a line of beach shingle embedded in the low cliff, there's also another line from the great storm in Victorian times.

The tsunami washed out parts of the coast road and washed thru Weymouth.

Found a bit about the great storm...

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/~imw/chestorm.htm

If you look at the 2nd 3rd an 4th pics, that's where and when Willow and i found a woman's skeleton :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
If you look at the 2nd 3rd an 4th pics, that's where and when Willow and i found a woman's skeleton :eek:
Wow, was it all in one piece? What did you do with it?
coffee time.gif

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, was it all in one piece? What did you do with it?View attachment 27954

No, she were all over the beach, Willow found her pelvis, i found her spine and shoulder blade.

Crabs had picked her clean in the 3 months she'd been missing :eek:

Called the police:eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
As promised, pics of the layers of shingle embedded above the beach

DSCI0005.JPG

DSCI0006.JPG

DSCI0009.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Different thing but nearby, the angular rocks were deposited in the ice age by solifluction. They would have been broken away from the hilltop by freeze thaw action, then slid down when the top few inches of permafrost thawed in the brief summer.

You can see the sediment get finer as the ice retreated.

DSCI0004.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
On the 19th Bev, same day as the world ends :)

Incidentally the first object detected from outside the solar system just passed thru travelling at 27 miles a second.

If that had hit us it'd be all over :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs well i started a happy birthday thread for Raj because i don't think we had one for him on the 19th, probably since the world was ending and all, why bother...i think we should send him birthday wishes anyway.

Yes! our first visitor from outside the solar system! Very exciting that. 27 miles a second would have made quite an impact. I wonder if it left our solar system? or parked somewhere to explore?. How big was this thingy? Do you know? Was it larger than planet Earth? And what if it hit our moon or the sun or one of our planets, whoa?
faint.gif
And darn, i wouldn't have gotten the papayas transplanted.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I saw a shooting star on the drive home from work last night. :LOL:

I wonder if it left our solar system? or parked somewhere to explore?.

I think if anything out there is smart enough to get here to watch us - they're going to let us become more civilized before making contact. If we haven't learned to get along with each other, they'll probably just pass on by. o_O

Well, unless they come as conquerors. :eek: :cautious:

well i started a happy birthday thread for Raj because i don't think we had one for him on the 19th

His birthday will be on the 19th of this month. :) I checked and it's not on his profile page; we would have missed it, what the heck, let's run with it!!

Will the world end next MONTH? Conspiracy theorists claim mysterious planet Nibiru will trigger apocalyptic earthquakes on November 19 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ru-trigger-apocalyptic-earthquakes-month.html

Beverly - I have noticed that you start most of the birthday threads, and I think that is very nice of you. (y) You, however, do not have your birthday on your profile page, so we will miss yours!! That hardly seems fair. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I am getting very confused about when the world is going to end and i would really like for someone to pin down a date so i can plan accordingly
Unhappy smilie.gif
Wasn't it supposed to be October 19? and did they change it to November 19 when it didn't happen on October 19? And what is the world anyway. I guess it means our planet? or the whole solar system? or what?

I think if anything out there is smart enough to get here to watch us - they're going to let us become more civilized before making contact.
:LOL: I couldn't agree more @MaryMary i can't think of any reason why someone out there would want to get to know us. Even if it is to acquire slaves. We ( homo sapiens) are just too damn scary, not to mention stupid. No wonder the thing from outer space was moving so fast.:rolleyes:

As for my birth date, too much attention gives me the vapors and besides i think no one would want to wish me "happy birthday" and that would just be humiliating:oops:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Beverly, we'd be lining up to wish you a happy birthday! You would just have to buck up and get through the vapors.
In 1716 Cotton Mather predicted that the world would end. For some misguided reason that era was called the "Age of Enlightenment". We haven't progressed very far since then.
About aliens wanting to get to know us--there is a book, How to Serve Your Fellow Man. It is a cookbook. (Thanks to Rod Serling)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am getting very confused about when the world is going to end and i would really like for someone to pin down a date so i can plan accordingly
unhappy-smilie-gif.29088

:ROFLMAO: My only advice is to plant the papayas soon, but don't max out your credit card just yet.

We ( homo sapiens) are just too damn scary, not to mention stupid.

Exactly. Just smart enough to be a danger to ourselves and others. :(

And... marlingardener's right, we'd be lining up to wish you a happy! :) We promise to adore you from afar. :p

About aliens wanting to get to know us--there is a book, How to Serve Your Fellow Man. It is a cookbook. (Thanks to Rod Serling)

:ninja: marlingardener, you ninja'd me!! :ninja: (y) I was reading Beverly's post, and thinking, I'm going to post - "It's a cookbook!!" Then I scrolled down and saw your post. Beat me by 20 minutes! :ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question