Marigolds to keep a mole away?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b or 6a who knows
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I have a mole that has managed to work its way into my raised garden bed (the back of the bed actually sits against a fence, and I'm pretty sure he's going in under it).

So, I am going to lay bricks against the fence, cover with dirt, lay brick on top (had a problem with water coming through a hole in my neighbors gutter so to keep it from leaving indents in soil), and planting marigolds around the border.

My question is, are marigolds effective in keeping moles away? I have a few seeds because I heard marigolds are a good companion plant for tomatoes and peppers. I would really like to make him leave instead of killing him. I have 3 dogs so poisons are out of the question...Any other helpful hints?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Marigolds are supposed to help repel Moles and Voles. There is mechanical means like fencing (including underground). There are also non lethal products that may replel them (likely need re-apply after rain though)

Ask a Question