Manx Marvel Tomatoes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I planted the seeds sent by you around the third week of June and I now see results. By the next couple of weeks I hope to have them on my table. I have many plants and I am posting a picture of one such plant. I have planted them in plastic bags and pots.

005.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent Grouie (y)

Looking very healthy :)

Had one in my sandwich for breakfast today, lovely flavour :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Excellent Grouie (y)

Looking very healthy :)

Had one in my sandwich for breakfast today, lovely flavour :)
Thanks. - 4 months is what they need I notice for them to be ready for the table.
I will sow the rest of the seeds that I have preserved, now.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fermented some of this years seed, they need fermenting to break down the growth inhibiting enzyme that coats the seed.

Smells lovely :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I've just fermented some of this years seed, they need fermenting to break down the growth inhibiting enzyme that coats the seed.

What has smell got to do with producing healthy seeds I wonder. Do they smell like whisky? If so, poor seeds:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom

Blimey Zigs! You've just set my alarm bells ringing! My daughter has been and cleared my greenhouse of every tomato that is ripe or almost ripe, that includes the Manxies and I need to collect seeds. My email isn't working here so hubby has had to do the necessary and tell her to leave me some on the plants. I just hope they ripen now, temperatures are dropping. :eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey Zigs! You've just set my alarm bells ringing! My daughter has been and cleared my greenhouse of every tomato that is ripe or almost ripe, that includes the Manxies and I need to collect seeds. My email isn't working here so hubby has had to do the necessary and tell her to leave me some on the plants. I just hope they ripen now, temperatures are dropping. :eek:

I've still got hundreds from last year that should still be viable @Sheal Let me know if you need some :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry Zigs, I'm at my digs and my phone is touch and go for picking up a line, so I've turned it off. I can't pick up my email either! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Our plants have done very well (y). They're now ripening very quickly and I picked a few pounds yesterday. There are dozens, maybe hundreds, on the plants.

Mrs Bootsy is removing lots of leaves at the moment to give them more light so they can ripen quicker (before frosts arrive). Also it will allow us to find the tomatoes easier.

I have grown five plants in a block fashion in the vegetable garden and we have some in pots on the patio.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Our plants have done very well (y). They're now ripening very quickly and I picked a few pounds yesterday. There are dozens, maybe hundreds, on the plants.

Mrs Bootsy is removing lots of leaves at the moment to give them more light so they can ripen quicker (before frosts arrive). Also it will allow us to find the tomatoes easier.

I have grown five plants in a block fashion in the vegetable garden and we have some in pots on the patio.

Sounds great! What are you planning on doing with them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Hi Becky,

We were thinking of eating them!! :D :LOL:

Actually, Mrs Bootsy is eating them (she says they're lovely) as I don't eat raw tomatoes.

We grow lots of Italian tomatoes that I cook with. (y)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad yours are doing well, the last of mine are slowly being blighted
DSCN2028.JPG

Bit worried about saving the seed from them.

Ask a Question