Manx Marvel Tomatoes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Our Manx grew very well and produced lots of good sized fruit - and then we got hit with blight!!! :sick:
Sorry to hear about that.
I had success with the first harvest but the second there were only flowers and no fruit I sowed seeds from this lot. They germinated but have not grown beyond that. :(

Reaction score
Our Manx grew very well and produced lots of good sized fruit - and then we got hit with blight!!! :sick:

Awww, so sorry to hear that, it sucks when something unexpected like that just happens, specially now that the weather is kind of weird for almost everyone on earth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Awww, so sorry to hear that, it sucks when something unexpected like that just happens, specially now that the weather is kind of weird for almost everyone on earth.
That's true, the weather is so weird and unpredictable! I mentioned in a different thread that my miniature roses are blooming, even though it's December. How crazy is that? Today, it's 13 c. All plants must be very confused.

Reaction score
That's true, the weather is so weird and unpredictable! I mentioned in a different thread that my miniature roses are blooming, even though it's December. How crazy is that? Today, it's 13 c. All plants must be very confused.

Wow really? Is this the first winter your miniature roses do that? If it is then that sounds really scary D: Everyone I know (different parts from the world) are complaining about the incredibly warm temperatures this winter. It seems that ever since 2 winters ago things are really changing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow really? Is this the first winter your miniature roses do that? If it is then that sounds really scary D: Everyone I know (different parts from the world) are complaining about the incredibly warm temperatures this winter. It seems that ever since 2 winters ago things are really changing.
As far as I remember, it's the first time they do this. Last year, they were blooming in November and December was a bit colder.
I've just watched the news and they said that it's the warmest year ever:) I like it, I don't want white Christmas.

Reaction score
As far as I remember, it's the first time they do this. Last year, they were blooming in November and December was a bit colder.
I've just watched the news and they said that it's the warmest year ever:) I like it, I don't want white Christmas.

Yes, it must be :O I only hope the winters don't keep getting warmer and warmer every year, so in the end there won't be a noticeable difference between summer and winter D: Could this be the climate change almost everyone has been talking about?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes, it must be :O I only hope the winters don't keep getting warmer and warmer every year, so in the end there won't be a noticeable difference between summer and winter D: Could this be the climate change almost everyone has been talking about?
I think it is. The climate is changing, there is no doubt about it. To be honest, I wouldn't mind wearing summer dresses and shorts all year long:D It's already nice though. I saw many girls today who were wearing thin tights and ballerinas:)

Reaction score
I think it is. The climate is changing, there is no doubt about it. To be honest, I wouldn't mind wearing summer dresses and shorts all year long:D It's already nice though. I saw many girls today who were wearing thin tights and ballerinas:)

Winter and autumn used to be my favorite seasons to be honest :( It's funny though, this winter seems warmer, but people over here are dressing as if it was the usual business xD The weather is really crazy, some days are super cold but others warm o_O Is it the same over there or are all the days warm?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Weather isn't weird here in the UK.
I've been telling people since August that ENSO effect makes it likely that we'll have a wet, mild first half to the winter, followed by a much colder second half.
That we are witnessing a very strong El Nino, is only likely to amplify that.
There is less extreme weather now than there was 60 years ago, it's just reported much more.
We in the UK heard practically nothing about foreign weather until the planet stopped warming, over 17 years ago.

Reaction score
Weather isn't weird here in the UK.
I've been telling people since August that ENSO effect makes it likely that we'll have a wet, mild first half to the winter, followed by a much colder second half.
That we are witnessing a very strong El Nino, is only likely to amplify that.
There is less extreme weather now than there was 60 years ago, it's just reported much more.
We in the UK heard practically nothing about foreign weather until the planet stopped warming, over 17 years ago.

Really? I hope you are right, I have heard el niño theory and how it might be the cause of the weird climate change some countries (mine included) are going through right now. I sure hope so.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
El Nino Is real I do agree, but I personally believe there are many, factors that have a baring on the weather. There are so many like trillions of little things going on that all have there little impact on weather i.e. temperature ,rainfall hurricanes etc. & trying to understand weather is even harder than trying to understand how a Human Brain works. I worry about all the Forests & glaciers that are disappearing. as they are also playing an important part in climate change. We Know why the forest are diapering, but why are the glaciers melting?....I do Know that, Forests store a vast amount of carbon & when a forest is cut down and converted to another use, carbon is released back into the atmosphere. I do worry about that ..................What ever happens I wish all the Manx marvel Tomato growers the best for 2016 and a bumper crop;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
trying to understand weather is even harder than trying to understand how a Human Brain works.

I don't know about that. Throughout my life I've been told that they can't understand how my brain works! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note, El Nino is cyclical and tends to cause alternate droughts and floods due to the warming of the oceans. The warming of the air helps it retain more moisture therefore creating the exceptionally heavy rainfall that we've been getting. The Jet Stream is what carries it across the Atlantic and the movement, north or south, controls where the moisture is dropped.

The Humboldt Current (running north from the Antarctic and up the Pacific coast of S. America) also has a large bearing on the matter.

It's thought that El Nino was the cause of the demise of the Moche civilisation in Peru about 1,500 years ago. They are supposed to have had 30 years of flooding followed by 30 years of drought!

It's also thought to have had a significant effect on the dispersal of the Anasazi peoples (Ancestral Puebloans) in the U.S. with the effects of 300 year 'Great Drought' from the early 12th Century.

Ask a Question