Manx Marvel Tomatoes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Really? I hope you are right, I have heard el niño theory and how it might be the cause of the weird climate change some countries (mine included) are going through right now. I sure hope so.
El Nino is part of the climate, and has been known to be part of the climate for over 400 years.
It's not climate you're experiencing, it's weather.

Reaction score
El Nino is part of the climate, and has been known to be part of the climate for over 400 years.
It's not climate you're experiencing, it's weather.

Sorry, semantics, I think you got what I was trying to say anyway ;) ''the weather over here has been very weird, not only where i live now but also in the Netherlands''. But I do hope it's el niño.

I read something like this is bound to happen, but not anytime soon. I only hope we humans are not contributing to climate change in the long run. I truly hope so.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Reporting in from Michigan...@zigs sent me seeds last fall and I'm happy to report that our Manx Marvel tomato babies are taking off. :) I should be able to get them in the ground in another couple of weeks. I will post updates!

Anyone else growing them this year?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one, that's the 3rd continent my seeds have grown on now

Here's a few of mine

DSCI0493.JPG

Got a few flower buds on one of them :)

DSCI0494.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They'll be planted out, they didn't do too well in the greenhouse in the trials. Was going to start to harden them off today, but the wind is cold, might shock them :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was later than I wanted in starting mine...but they germinated really well! Since I had horrible problems with blight last year, I teamed up with a friend who lives a block away...we rototilled a large garden on her property, which gets more sun than mine anyway. I've still planted a bunch on non-nightshade plants at my house and couldn't resist putting in a couple of tomatoes. Here's a Manx Marvel baby in a straw bale. It's already got a flower! :)
20160524_062558.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looking good for a late start :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Started harvesting Manx Marvels. :) They are not large tomatoes (somewhere between ping pong and tennis ball size) but the plants are now loaded! They are very juicy with good flavor.
20160813_174155.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one Beth :)

This is all I got this year, ripped the blighted plants out yesterday :(

DSCI0941.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your project looks really interesting, you inspired me to do the same with my gardening !!! Good job !! :)

Ask a Question