Manx Marvel Tomatoes

zigs

Naughty Cactus Moderator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
They'll be planted out, they didn't do too well in the greenhouse in the trials. Was going to start to harden them off today, but the wind is cold, might shock them :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
us
I was later than I wanted in starting mine...but they germinated really well! Since I had horrible problems with blight last year, I teamed up with a friend who lives a block away...we rototilled a large garden on her property, which gets more sun than mine anyway. I've still planted a bunch on non-nightshade plants at my house and couldn't resist putting in a couple of tomatoes. Here's a Manx Marvel baby in a straw bale. It's already got a flower! :)
20160524_062558.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
us
Started harvesting Manx Marvels. :) They are not large tomatoes (somewhere between ping pong and tennis ball size) but the plants are now loaded! They are very juicy with good flavor.
20160813_174155.jpg

zigs

Naughty Cactus Moderator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
Nice one Beth :)

This is all I got this year, ripped the blighted plants out yesterday :(

DSCI0941.JPG

Reaction score
Country
gb
Unfortunately, the reason heirloom varieties became so sparsely grown is their susceptibility to viruses, diseases and pests.

Reaction score
Country
us
Your project looks really interesting, you inspired me to do the same with my gardening !!! Good job !! :)

Ask a Question