Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. A bit of repeats and typo. There were 3 pics of the same flower. But I gave them 2 names. Too tired to convince people it was the same flower. For me, Stained Glass, Lily and Double Green are my picks. Where is your avatar of the striped hellebores please? So want to compare it to my Apricot.

I missed out on this one

SAM_2632.JPG
SAM_2628.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't mind taking all the rain as my house won't be flooded. But I can't say it won't tumble! LOL!

My heart missed a bit seeing the houses flooded. Imagine the hassle fighting with insurance companies. My saga is NOT yet over!

Ooops! Better not tempt fate. Can't even go out! Sitting next to the radiator now.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey alp you've got some Hellebores I don't know how you've manged to not have a red double, how many hellebore variety's do you think you have ?

Snow here and plenty of it but its melting away .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Got up 7pm and I just switched off the LED light charger and all the nighttime activities: dehumidifier, breadmaker and kettle. A lot going on at night to save money. Agapanthus seeds throwing up blades. Well pleased.

20 years' of growing hellebores - only the last 2 years seriously buying up some special ones. Son always encourages me to buy - well, a way for him to DRIVE there, especially now he has the newish Ford Fiesta. He would say he can drive me to Chelmsford, to nurseries and other nurseries on the way to Bedford Whipsnade Zoo. Couldn't go there last week because of the wind gusts. Those figures had no meaning to me until I met Ciara, the blowy lady, and now Dennis, Jorge .. The belt is still coming across the pond - endless tear and fear for us, especially some ... :cry:

1582875485743.png

Planted some snowdrops outside in pots yet sunk in ground. Need to seriously sow seeds. End of February now.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if my son will be driving the Ford Fiesta

1582877748422.png

That's EXTRACTLY what his car looks like! LOL! Should have bought a hybrid, but money was the major stumbling block!

As Ross to Rachel in FRIENDS said, "Baby, you're confused!"

1582880503358.png

A dog, a cat, a bear!????

SAM_2657.JPG
SAM_2659.JPG

Last one with flash - all washed out!

Attachments

• SAM_2658.JPG
    SAM_2658.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Got some Mimulus aurantiacus cuttings from a lady who gave us something before on freegle. Really love the plant.

1582960661148.png

Did 2 solid hours of weeding yesterday. Very happy with my hard work.

Took a month to germinate. Agapathus

SAM_2660.JPG

1582961616720.png

The temperatures are far from inviting. We are supposed to be in March! Never in my life here has there been so much rain! The rain ribbon stretches up and down, according to BBC weather reports and there are 2 versions of possibilities, again!

Just wonder what kind of awful summer is going to be to torment us further!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You know when you're hunting for an unusual plant and yet none of the suppliers has any good news for you. Every single search draws a blank and you forget the time, the routine, and you heart sinks when you are near the last item! i lived through that many times yesterday. And it's not promising.

Nor is this result Watford 3 Liverpool 0! Ouch!

Did a bit of weeding and winding back some wire edger and every time I went out, it sleeted, rained and I had to retreat. So much to weed.

1583043924397.png

I hope the weather forecast is accurate as my washing machine is ON!

This is a terrestrial orchid - hardy and love water. Every time I went to my fav gc, they wouldn't come down with the price £12. Now I saw it for sale for under £50! Quite a few died.

SAM_2676.JPG

A very early F Raddeneana
SAM_2674.JPG
SAM_2673.JPG

ONly one of this Tutu left!
SAM_2672.JPG

Anja Oudolf
SAM_2671.JPG
SAM_2670.JPG
SAM_2669.JPG
SAM_2668.JPG

This is the state of my lawn. Water on a slab!
SAM_2667.JPG

Enkianthus campanulata with buds
SAM_2666.JPG

Nectarine - Garden Beauty
Lovely dwarf plant.

SAM_2662.JPG

Camellia J Brushfield
SAM_2665.JPG
SAM_2663.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well 1st of March already.

Windy last night again woke me up . The coming week looks drier

What plant are you looking for alp?

About time Liverpool lost wouldn't hear the end of it if they went the full season undefeated, out of all the teams Watford were the one to turn them over :ROFLMAO:

Think I'll go out and prune the last two roses and a couple of clematis.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Well another windy day but looks like the forecast is dry and a little warmer the frogs are showing amourous signs returning to the pond no spawn yet but soon as spyed these two this morning.
BA5FC092-AF9B-4990-B4E7-6751FAF66841.jpeg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa! S exual activity going on here! LOL!

What a GORGEOUS DAY :cool::cool::cool: today has been here in the South. We went to Ongar The British Garden Centre, onto Greenbrook, then Homebase and then Green Acre in Chelmsford. The first proper nice bright and dry day, not a drop of rain. No wonder frogs were amorous!;)

I'm after some Salvia called salvia moorcroftiana x indica ‘shangri la’
1583089304606.png

Salvia Brilliantaisia subulugurica

1583089407494.png

I'm hunting high and low for my Hians!:LOL::ROFLMAO:. I sowed some, but no joy! Or they might sprout when everything clicks!

I also bought 2 clematis from Taylors.

Thank heavens I don't need to buy any clothes. All the clothes are for my son! Got to invite ex to dinner as he always leaves with £10 to £15 for the meal. Well, I didn't ask him for a penny for the Ford. Yes, why not? :banghead::inpain:

Today has been blood letting! Thank heavens son is only off one day a week! He has been working non-stop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its been a nice day but for the bitter wind, it was lovely and warm in the GH . Potted up the last of the remaining dahlias today hopeful my new ones will turn up this week , potted on some Cobaea.

Pruned the last two roses and did some tidying up of that bed. Prune the two Clematis viticella on the pargola.

My dad been putting in some more drainage , he put a drain across the top of the lawn and swapped the gutter pipe round and the water butt bin which is much easier side to collect water from.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, yes! Cobea to sow for me too. Need to plant out and divide all the hellebores I bought yesterday. I'm very happy that I have got hold of a I AM CAT salix for £7 as it is red. Very happy that it is red. Will take a photo of my spoils sometime today. Need to go up the road to take some cardboard to use for lining the ground.

My laptop is paying up.

So this website doesn't take PNG.

This is a Shangri la Moorcroftiana Salvia in Jpg
1583130462675.png

1583130530321.png

Salvia Brillantaisia subulugurica

Very busy today.

1583131123732.png

Going to plant out the plants I bought and chop any double hellebores into new stock.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We going to go and do some work but I am glad I didn't bother its been hail stoning / snowing on and off all day.

Been out and about though , fixed / refitted mum banister this morning and had a wounder round her garden .

Back home I've dug out some of the old compost out of the greenhouse tomato / cucumber border and top it back up with home made compost , I've covered it up this year with plastic bags to keep the moister in its a pain in the neck to get damp again after its dried out. What surprising is the amount of plastic in the home made compost, to say I put everything in it and don't intentionally put plastic in it quite a few bits and bobs in it.

Give the greenhouse a sweep out and knocked in a new post for the wood around the veg border. Tidied the GH up plant everywhere and it not even spring yet to me, give the fuchsias a trim seen as they are budding up well and inspected all the other plants in the greenhouse and potted on any what need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question