134.9 KB · Views: 123

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Criminals stuff drugs and phones into DEAD RATS before throwing them over prison fence in bid to smuggle in contraband to inmates
  • Staff at HMP Guys Marsh, Dorset found three dead rats inside perimeter fence
  • The rodents appeared to have been cut open ans stitched along their stomachs
  • GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Criminals stuffed drugs into dead rats in prison

Hope the inmates learn a skill instead of being stoned!

Five-month-old boy dies after botched home circumcision performed by his parents in Italy
  • Boy rushed by helicopter to Bologna hospital while suffering from cardiac arrest
  • Died on Friday night and a manslaughter investigation opened against parents
  • Comes after two-year-old died following severe blood loss in Rome in December
Poor boy! High time Genital manipulations stopped for both males and females

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ooops! Perki is right. That is a CREAM double hellebore and IT IS WRITTEN ON THE LABEL! :banghead::eek::cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, cheeky Perki!

Good morning to a very cold morning - frost was blue first thing in the morning. Will have a viewing at 11am.

Fed up with UK politics. More kerfluffing, more uncertainty - these incompetents should have an aptitude test before landing on their gold nest and starting charging for cleaning moat for ducks or £210 loo seat! They feather their nests whilst others lose their jobs ..

Will go off now and come back after lunch time and will catch up with some sleep. Didn't sleep very well.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Viewers gone and for the first time in 23 years, I actually sat in the garden and enjoyed the sunshine, in a T-shirt! Such gorgeous warm and sunshine! Imagine I were born a Syrian! One has to pinch oneself to appreciate one's lot.

Astrantia - I do hope I get to see ONE FLOWER from this plant this year. My numerous attempts have really let me down ..
SAM_0573.JPG

Freegled fig branches
SAM_0574.JPG

Beautiful Camellia Williamsii Debbie. Thank you, Jim from the Beechgrove garden! He's still in hibernation. Bless him!
SAM_0575.JPG

My poor Clematis Armandii which lost its crooked arch a while back. Now it has only got these many flowers!
:cry:
SAM_0576.JPG
SAM_0577.JPG

I am pretty sure this could be from Farmer Gracy! First one!
SAM_0578.JPG
SAM_0579.JPG
SAM_0580.JPG

My latest buys
SAM_0581.JPG
SAM_0582.JPG
SAM_0583.JPG
SAM_0584.JPG

This is Harvington single picotee!
SAM_0585.JPG
SAM_0586.JPG

Mauve double!

I wish I had bought Stained Glass, but the asking price was £15.99!
SAM_0587.JPG
SAM_0588.JPG
SAM_0589.JPG
SAM_0590.JPG
SAM_0592.JPG
SAM_0593.JPG

Wallflowers - despite no effort on my part!
SAM_0597.JPG

Most beautiful and posh dandelions in my garden. Prettier than my other flowers! Such intricacies!
SAM_0596.JPG

Smokey beauty!
SAM_0591.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0594.JPG
    SAM_0594.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 145
  • SAM_0595.JPG
    SAM_0595.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 141

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Son's present

helstained.jpg

Also bought Calibrachoas, Argyranthemum, Achilliea Carmine, Paprika and a pink magnolia.

Pheasant should really be slow-cooked until the tiny bit of meat falls out of the bones. The meat has an inherent odd odour. A lesson for me to remember.

Yesterday, we saw a helicopter hovering like a kite for nearly 10 minutes very near us. Trouble in the town centrre area again!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So yesterday, man was tasered as he threatened to harm himself with something chemical! Quite frightening to see police helicopter so near our house for more than 10 minutes!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder when I should use ammonia of sulphate? I have a box from last year. Please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It a very nice hellebore stained glass. Been out pruning some roses for a customer what a mess they were, not doing much at the minute work wise dad had a cataract done yesterday.

I've never used Ammonia sulphate, I be very careful with it with it being such a high concentrate of nitrogen it will burn a plant if over used. I would use it when growth is active and no hard frost are forecast, Nitrogen stimulates soft new leafy growth which can be easy damaged by frost .

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
think I will go out into the garden and plant the meconopsis and others and move some things around

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
alp ref ammonia of sulphate
Rapid acting nitrogen plant food promoting healthy plant growth and rich, green foliage. Can be used as a source of nitrogen where plants are nitrogen deficient and are showing signs of chlorosis (leaf yellowing).
Uses: Ideal for feeding green leafed vegetables, as well as producing luxuriant foliage on leafy shrubs and flowering plants.
Application Rate: Use at recommended rates (35g/m2).
Apply: Can be applied throughout the growing season from March through to the end of August, at 4-6 week intervals.
Got my parcel from Brooklyn today that’s good service as I only ordered on line yesterday.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It a very nice hellebore stained glass. Been out pruning some roses for a customer what a mess they were, not doing much at the minute work wise dad had a cataract done yesterday.

I've never used Ammonia sulphate, I be very careful with it with it being such a high concentrate of nitrogen it will burn a plant if over used. I would use it when growth is active and no hard frost are forecast, Nitrogen stimulates soft new leafy growth which can be easy damaged by frost .

Hope your dad can see better soon. Never nice to have an operation in the eye! I remember the anaesthetics didn't work properly and the woman doctor operating on my retina was using me as a teaching lesson and quite a few students were looking on. I literally had to tell her to hurry up as the pain was quite something. I was very lucky to have caught it not too late. I could have been blind in one eye! :eek:

Thank you for the advice, Perki !

Yes, the Stained Glass was very neat and full of lovely details. I couldn't bring myself to buy it as the label said £16.99. When we went there yesterday, I asked the lady staff if the one on full display could be reduced as, as usual, hellebore plants could be too tall, one of the stems was so tall and heavy that it lean onto the edge of the pot. She said she couldn't do it as the owner would tell her off and would take it back and cut it for next year. I didn't buy one like that and in the end the stem literally snapped with flower which was going to seed on it. I was very annoyed as the seeds will come in handy. Any way, she asked the owner's daughter and we found 3 in the polytunnel and I picked one up for £12.95. Son was really spoiling me. He would just pay and carry the bag.

The plant was split into 2 and now I have 2 plants. I am 100% sure that it would not die on me. Shock, maybe! I did leave sufficient root balls for both.

Son's not here, so I cooked my beef steak a bit raw and it was soft and delicious. Yummy. Nan bread was a bit overcooked as I was too busy slicing the steak! Shame! Tomorrow, another bloody rump steak! All reduced, of course!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Zenj I remember George Anderson in The Beechgrove Garden using it for his salad by the slab growing. The concrete slab retains and gives out heat and when the first round was finished, he said he was adding this (I think!) Any way, when it was £1, I couldn't resist it. I have a different box and I will go and find out its name. As that advert says, when it is reduced to 50% (more than 50%), how could I resist?

That sounds like a good company. Shame I have bonemeal and BFF up to my eyeballs. £1 when reduced. One good thing about living in East London!

Anybody growing salad leaves, spinach and rockets? I am worried as to where to put them. It's a nightmare! I have a lawn which I don't want to dig up. Went to the allotment, applying to join the waiting list. No news. I might try another allotment. This year, I have actually really enjoyed myself as I have sown so many different types of seeds, but now I have too many wishy washy hellebores to chuck / or water and replant.. For the last two years, I only watched others' seedlings. My lobelia Tupa seeds have germinated. I must sow my Cobeae Scandens tomorrow. I really enjoyed all 3 episodes of GW and must seek out Tidal Wave Red Velour. Morning Glories are pretty, but the spectre of bind weeds going everywhere is enough to make me cry. I have the real bind weed to contend with.

Weeded for 3 hours outside and saw a lovely lady. I think I must have appeared very rude. I actually had missed her and my look must have betrayed the thought that "I thought you had died!" She had been very frail and now she looks so much better. Had a nice chat. So surprised and pleased to see her. Hope she keeps well. At first, I thought she was a cleaner as she went to work 3.30pm and that was years ago. I thought that she was too classy and posh to be a cleaner. It turned out that she was a surgery receptionist!

Took some cuttings from Camellia Debbie and Mother of Pearl penstemon and I even took cuttings of the tiny calibrachoas. I am a bit mad!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
alp ref ammonia of sulphate
Rapid acting nitrogen plant food promoting healthy plant growth and rich, green foliage. Can be used as a source of nitrogen where plants are nitrogen deficient and are showing signs of chlorosis (leaf yellowing).
Uses: Ideal for feeding green leafed vegetables, as well as producing luxuriant foliage on leafy shrubs and flowering plants.
Application Rate: Use at recommended rates (35g/m2).
Apply: Can be applied throughout the growing season from March through to the end of August, at 4-6 week intervals.
Got my parcel from Brooklyn today that’s good service as I only ordered on line yesterday.

Thank you. I will certainly use it wisely as I will grow quite a bit of salad. Just in case there is no-deal! Fed up with the shambles ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Another grey morning. Yesterday it was totally miserably grey and dull, yet perfect for weeding which I more or less finished yesterday in the front lawn and driveways.

Today, going to try watermelon seeds again and the Telepathy cucumber seeds have shown no movement whilst the beans are stomping away.

Most of the seeds are like pinhead and even though I have a huge propagator, I haven't turned it on.

I saw a dead frog two days ago and as initially I didn't know what it was, I poked it with a stick and saw spawn, I decided to drop it into my lily tub to give the frog-spawn a chance and now I sort of regret it as the carcass might have virus .. I do have 2 or 3 frogs living in my garden as neighbour has a pond. The renter lady was complaining that the kois posed a problem as they were huge! I wonder if they have to buy fish food as it will certainly cost a bit. The kois are like 15 years old if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question