Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it was warm yesterday, so turned on the washing machine and it turned out to be a grey cool day. I left the laundry on the washing line and now

it is another grey day and 17c alleged in weather report is another myth! Apparently, the Met Office are inhabited by clumsy politicians as well! Just a glimpse at the news ages me considerably - and Colin was right about that cruel joke! Cruel, but applicable to all these incompetents.

Wish I had sown some tomatoes earlier! But I know they will self seed!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
DUP dashes May's hopes: Allies say they WON'T back PM's deal just hours after her emotional offer to stand down by May 22nd if MPs passed her plan (but Boris couldn't wait to take her up on it!)
  • Theresa May addressed her MPs tonight and said she would resign as PM if they back her deal later this week

Now even if she resigns, her deal might not get through and her authority is ebbing .. Wonder if this is another rue to get May to open her purse again for the DUP!

These politicians have brought us nothing but national shame and humiliation.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lidl launches ELEVEN POUNDS box of ‘damaged’ fruits and veg that's 'too good to waste' - for just £1.50
  • Lidl is rolling out boxes filled with 5kg of vegetables and fruits for only £1,50
  • You will be able to buy these boxes from store opening time to midday everyday
  • Unsold boxes will be donated to charities through Lidl's Feed it Back programme
  • Morrison's also rolled out similar boxes in 2018, with £1 for 1kg worth of goods
I actually was touted this and the veg leaves were yellow.

I can assure you those I looked at didn't look half as good!

Good idea though!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Guys: Need your help again! What is the optimum condition for applying nematodes please? Thank you in advance.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, dear! There are other types of nematodes?? I'm so ignorant. Thank you for the prompt post!

Thank heavens that I watched the weather report as I thought there would be bands of rain coming our way on Saturday; now it has been revised and so it wouldn't be a good idea to buy it now. It might be far too cold any way. I might have to forego the 6 x nectar points! LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
It’s been a lovely day here mowed the back lawn aerated it and top dressed it ,Despatched 3 Lilly Beetles they are early too.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, no! Lily bettles are a nuisance! Some of my scaled lilies have all come up in one pot. About ten or more in a tiny Clematis style long black pot. I might to have separate them and then more pots. We have only half a lovely day. Early in the day, it was cloudy and later when the sun was out, it was lovely. I opened yet another compost. Planted more beans and more my favorite Sugarsnap. Was waiting for the epsom salt and after an hour of TV watching found that delivery man had put it inside the porch.

Took a lot of salvia cuttings - uliginosa and Greggii Ultra violets. I planted out a dahlia and couldn't see it. Upon closer inspection, I saw the toasted or stewed by the frost. Thank heavens there are new shoots showing up. Need to hold my horse as I kept thinking that it would be warm and the cold snap comes again on Saturday or Sunday.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Tom Cruise is considered a ‘deity’ by Scientologists, as low-ranking members are 'ordered to watch the actor's films multiple times'
  • Tom Cruise is a ‘deity’ within the Church of Scientology, claims former member
  • Leah Remini said: 'He is second to David Miscavige — the savior of the free world'
  • It was also reported lower-ranking Scientologists are told to see Cruise’s films

A bit too early for April fools' day! He must know he is NOT a DEITY! Why doesn't he tell his follower the truth!? LOL!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really nice sunny day. Decided I would go and pick up some plants from dove cottage but took a detour to a GC which stock west country Lupins , they didn't have the exact lupin ( terracotta ) I was after but did have my second choice towering inferno so got that
:)
. The 3litre lupin took quite a lot of room up in my rucksack and I had 4 more plants from dove cottage to fit in , big squeeze and I manged to fit my two 1Litre sanguisorba stand up comedian and scapino a 2L Rodgersia Bronze Peacock and finally a 9cm penstemon plum jerkum :). Ended up being a 70mile round trip all for 5 plants but just getting the lupin saved £15 on P+P getting it from elsewhere.

Got home and went round to start making a compost heap for mum and pruned her roses.

Had a good look round garden at home the crown imperial fritillaria are really romping away along with a few others , my fritillaria persica ivory towers is coming up as well thank god cost me a arm and leg.

Pricked out lots of trailing petunia and bacopa windowsill are nearly full.

Did quite a lot yesterday in the garden, moved a big helianthus lemon queen as well as some phlox , planted my Clematis richard Picotee and 2 meconopsis lingholm. Mulched and feed the roses. I have a bad feeling I have couch grass mixed in with my calamagrostis karl Foerster I am not sure if CKF sends runners off are not, I may have to lose the plants otherwise.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's a very useful rucksack, Perki! Amazing how much you managed to squeeze in. We did the same on Sunday - went all the way to Chelmsford - as far as Wyevale in Chelmsford! Hellebores on sale for £5.99 1L pot in Chinbrook and I really liked the place. The boss asked a young man to do maths - half of £50 which he could do and then the young man had to do half of £4.99 and he asked for a calculator!

Lots of exciting plants you have got there! I'd love to have a sanguinsorba - a tall one for the back of the border. Now you're getting me worried as my Ivory and Black towers are nowhere to be seen and don't even ask me about the skunky imperalis Fritillarias. I do know I will have a lot of lilies and a lot of camassias.

I have a lot of fruit trees. Anyone know what I should do to feed them and when please. I did trim my raspberries and gooseberries. I have 3 crates of leaf mould - not fully decomposed and I will take some photos later. Please tell me if I could use it to mulch my borders. My borders already look very dry and I am panicking as the predicted and long-anticipated rainband has weakened and the watering expected this weekend is no more! :cry::eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

still very dark now, but hopefully, it will brighten up.

Wathed MotherFatherSon and have to admit it was quite good. A bit of Murdoch clans. female PM, .. and press influence on election. The most morbid bit is Richard Gere's expectation of his son and the psychological damage he's caused him.

Line of Duty is back and I have the feeling that Adrian Dunbar is the ultimate baddy! NO more white knuckle ride, I hope! Too farcical and unrealistic.

I must sow my Cobeae Scandans and toms today!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
One of the first tulips

SAM_0601.JPG

I thought this clematis macropetala was pink. Alas, the hunt continues for Markham pink!
SAM_0603.JPG
SAM_0605.JPG
SAM_0606.JPG

Bit of a cheat as this is my latest buys! But I really like this Argyranthemum

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Remember Cloxit this weekend for the UK: At least, this will happen ON TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question