Magazine style - all inclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rained this morning but the sun come out for this afternoon, haven't done much but for watch the football . Popped down to lidl and aldi, lidl have allium bulbs in so I picked up some purple rain - violet beauty - miami , aldi didn't have anything of interest . Thought I'd have a ride out and look for some tulip bulbs at another lidl seen as I were a bit bored , they idn't have any tulips but I did get some more allium purple rain bulbs.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
i bought 2 Shubertis earlier this year reduced to £3. I alos chucked some allium seeds at the front and hopefully, they are full of flowers next year. Been very buys. Friend has finally erected one whole frame, but the area is jam packed if there are 2 greenhouses.

Went to get the hens and got the shock of my life: none of them have got proper feathers near the back or the rear of the belly. So unpleasant that I can't really like them. I know I am rehoming old birds, but this is not really time for molting?!

SAM_0132.JPG
SAM_0131.JPG
SAM_0130.JPG

I have so far 2 eggs.
SAM_0124.JPG

Raised from seeds and first flower. Note the stem was already broken. Very pleased.
SAM_0129.JPG

Very excited to see this! Just can't get over the colour!
SAM_0128.JPG
SAM_0127.JPG

Another of my favorites Split antler petals and it has so many details ..
SAM_0125.JPG

Bishop of Dover is a pale imitation of Mystic Dreamer!
SAM_0124.JPG

Bought a cherry tree and a viburnum

Attachments

• SAM_0126.JPG
    SAM_0126.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 35

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

The dahlia must be one of those beautiful ones with a darker shade on the underside, which is what my Creme de cassis supposed to be. Or is it Art Deco? Very lovely underside. What is the name of the last yellow small clusters please? I think I saw it in Sissinghurst. Rudbuckia is doing very well! How many plants are there please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon it warm and the sun out , think I'll spend a bit of time pottering around and watch some footy later. Been GC this morning I were looking for bulbs they sell mostly taylors this GC, the Taylor bulbs are the same price as last year but in packs of 7 or 8 instead of 10 like most packs of tulips so I didn't bother with bulbs I am trying to cut down and bulb spending.

They did have a plant in I were after for a client Tradescantia Blue & gold to my surprise, been looking all over the place for them. And just last night or night before I were looking for another Primula Pulverulentra ( mine died in 2017 hottest / driest summer I've witnessed ) they are a real eye catcher when in full bloom I found one tucked right at the back. Picked up 2 tradescantia and the primula £9 each its quite dear this garden centre , got to the till said the tradescantia are half price :) and she wandered off with the primula and come back and said that half price now :D I went back in and got the last tradescantia I might keep one for myself.Saved me £18 which is a nice surprise when you think you're going to be paying full whack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never heard of Patrina scabiosifolia @Zenj it looks very elegant my have to consider it for the garden , is that one of the swan Anemones ? I am going to get some next year to plant with my agastache and heleniums, looking at the taller varieties.

I had dahlia tartan @alp it is a really nice dahlia massive flowers I lost mine this winter in storage.
DSC00003 (14).JPG
DSC00003 (12).JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So many flowers for one plant! Zenj, you're brilliant!

Perki: Lovely bargains. From this week onward, it's a good idea to scavenge. Once the heat is gone and summer is no more, gcs will have to reduce stuff and clear way for Christmas and the dreaded Christmas trees and gc I like is already full force with Christmas decoration. Soon, there will be guards posting amongst shoppers. Who wants to pinch those tats?

Got 10 Tom concentrate feed from Wilko @ £1.50 each and a staff member said he had never sold so many compost in his whole life. There goes my bargains. I actually don't need it as I have tons already and they are up to my eyeballs.

Just come home and it's boiling! Searing, sauna-ing and today is not even the hottest day here in the SE.

I did buy Tartan, but have never seen the thing here, nor Edge of Joy, given to me by Beau's mum. Amazing I still remember some names. Shame you have to store dahlia tubers as even in Scotland, a man just poured inches of compost on top. But it's the wet that kills the tubers and we know how wet your area is!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Yes alp Dreaming Swan bought it as a tiny plant last summer planted it out and It Shrivelled up and vanished within 3 weeks naturally thought it was a goner but it sprouted in spring and now as it’s first flowers .

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
When I complained about the terrible states of the hens, I was given this reply
1600024501573.png

If you want to rehome hens, make sure you see what they look like. They insist that we free range from and want to see the hen coops and yet allow this kind of practice to take place.

I don't mind 3 bad ones, but all 6 are horrible looking. It's like they had been ill treated all their lives. Shocking farming practice.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, Zenj. That's very lucky of you. I went to a fruit store recommended by my neighbour's daughter to find out what flowers they sold. I realised that the prices were crazy. I was disappointed. By a stroke of luck, I saw a pot of White Swan reduced to £4.50. I was so pleased. I used to have loads of anemones, but they were so invasive that I left them in pots and that killed them over the winter. I am no good keeping plants in pots and I always respect people who can leave plants in pots for years.

Friend helped remove the stump of my old Mulberry tree. It was like 18 years old. The fruits were so small and after 4 years of having tiny fruits, I got fed up and tried to kill it. It kept sending out new shoots. It was a hell of a job to get rid of the stump. Thank heavens that it's gone! The first frame of the greenhouse is up, but someone is always too tired to come ..

Even though the hens are horrible looking, I gave them some mealworms and hopefully this might help them to get their feathers back. We reassembled most of the hen coop and there are about 7 feet of area for them to roam. But night fall, they all cooped up in the main one with a nesting area. I am sure tomorrow there will be carcasses. I bet they swooned seeing my handsome Polish rooster. I am the only one that doesn't find him attractive - he's full of attitude. I have named him Mr Attitude.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Been up for an hour and I was flummoxed and frustrated by the Samsung washing machine. Taking a tray to gather my eggs. No one! Apparently, Eliza Dolittles are not used to the luxury of having 18 foot length to run around. They all huddled round my handsome Polish. Not a good morning for.

Bought 10 of Wilko's Tom feeds. had great difficulty opening the tap. Any way, did a bit of watering and there are loads to do.

I still have a lot of colours and today is going to kill some of my plants if I don't water them.

1600063253685.png

Echinacea Twister
SAM_0149.JPG

Omega
SAM_0148.JPG

Scented Echinaea
SAM_0147.JPG
SAM_0146.JPG
SAM_0145.JPG
SAM_0144.JPG
SAM_0143.JPG
SAM_0142.JPG

Just love this colour. So different!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody got a Samsung Eco Bubble. I haven't had much luck with this machine. Company was very nice as staff gentlemen actually lugged the machine to the lean to. I asked little emperor to use time delay clock and it was supposed to finish by 6. It was 17 minutes out. Another round saw the machine stuck at 9 minute for a long time and the clothes came out wet again. They were watering my garden. 3rd time it was fine, but the clothes were that dry. They felt wet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well its been a grand day ans supposed to be dry all week. The last feed I did on the lawn last week is working now and greened the lawn back up . I've mowed it this evening and been round watering the pots not something I've had to do a lot this year.

Don't know anything about washing machines or other machines for the kitchen.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning and it's so dark that I still leave my grow lights on LED.

Well, the clothes never come out as dry as those from Bosch. It's OK when it's 29c,

My latest thrill
SAM_0172.JPG

Delphinium from seeds - should have more, but foxes have flattened them.
SAM_0171.JPG
SAM_0170.JPG
SAM_0169.JPG
SAM_0168.JPG
SAM_0167.JPG

My employee
SAM_0165.JPG

Princess kate
SAM_0164.JPG

Princess Kate - very pretty!
SAM_0162.JPG

Aster Girasol
SAM_0161.JPG

A fantastic dahlia
SAM_0160.JPG

My Cafe au lLait
SAM_0159.JPG

Cherry pie salvia
SAM_0157.JPG
SAM_0156.JPG

Rajmen Firecracker
SAM_0155.JPG

Helenium Autumnal Fuego and I will give it 5 stars - perpetual mop of flowers
SAM_0154.JPG
SAM_0153.JPG
SAM_0152.JPG
SAM_0151.JPG

Call the police, I have vandalised this beauty!

Attachments

• SAM_0158.JPG
    SAM_0158.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all another beautiful day by the looks of it ,Perki that’s one consolation not much watering to do all the rain we get .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question