Lost the tag from this beautiful annual-?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I lost info on this plant- it's thriving in partial shade here in zone 5. I'd like to get another next season but can't ID it- can you? Lots more flowers are coming!
IMG_0597.JPG

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have those pop up every year hear and there from seed each year. I was told they are called jimsonweed but google pics show datura as the name. It says they are poisonous, I've been told the same. Lovely flowers on it though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oops- you mean it's a volunteer weed, and I didn't plant it this spring? That would explain why I can't find the tag from it, which I always save!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have those pop up every year hear and there from seed each year. I was told they are called jimsonweed but google pics show datura as the name. It says they are poisonous, I've been told the same. Lovely flowers on it though.
Just looked it up on Wikipedia- yikes! Glad I asked here. Funny thing is it's sprouted exactly where I plant annuals, and it was doing so well I wondered why I couldn't remember what it was.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just looked it up on Wikipedia- yikes! Glad I asked here. Funny thing is it's sprouted exactly where I plant annuals, and it was doing so well I wondered why I couldn't remember what it was.
I think it's a flower people plant, I don't know much about flowers though. I let them go to seed and each year they pop up around the garden but I don't think it's a weed, it's not something that grows here outside of gardens I don't think because I've never seen it in the wild. Someone will know better about it then I do and reply I'm sure. I like them, but I pull them if they pop up around my veggies and other food.

Ask a Question