Loquat tree help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,
I have a loquat tree that was neglected for several years (completely under watered). It finally started receiving some love and watering and new leaves started to grow. Today I noticed some strange white sticky powder stuff on the leaves and some leaves turning slightly yellow. Please help me find out what is wrong with my tree. I gave horrible clay soil, but the plant is in full sun. It is watered every 3 days about 4 gallons of water at the drip line. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi there,
I have a loquat tree that was neglected for several years (completely under watered). It finally started receiving some love and watering and new leaves started to grow. Today I noticed some strange white sticky powder stuff on the leaves and some leaves turning slightly yellow. Please help me find out what is wrong with my tree. I gave horrible clay soil, but the plant is in full sun. It is watered every 3 days about 4 gallons of water at the drip line. Thanks in advance for your help.
If that white powder is sticky it isn't a powder, it is some type of sucking insect. These insects are sucking the moisture out of the leaves and turning them yellow. Spray the entire plant with a spinosad based insecticide. Then fertilize the tree.

Ask a Question