Bronzed leaved ornamental Loquat tree.

Reaction score
Eriobotrya Deflexa - otherwise known as The Japaneses Plum or Bronzed tipped Loquat tree

AA.-Erio-deflex-tree2Adam.jpg

These bronze leaved Loquat trees are grown for their ornamental value, rather than their fruit, as although they do bear fruit, it is not edible - just attractive.

Not only are they easy care, but their bronze, copper tinged foliage is evergreen and looks stunning against the large
creamy white flowers, that appear between March and May, with their blooms being up to 6 inches across. The bark is smooth and silver grey in color, with the inedible fruits not considered to be messy.

They like well drained sandy soil and a sheltered position in sun or part shade.

These trees are a very common sight where I live, and feel this picture really doesn't do them justice, but if you are looking for a small eye-catching, easy care ornamental tree, then this bronzed leaved Loquat, is well worth considering, and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Should you prefer the best of both worlds, edibile fruit and striking ornamental foliage, but without the bronzed tinged leaves, then have a look under the heading ' Help me with my new Loquat tree ' where you will find both growing information and pictures.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that it's the first time when I see Bronzed tipped Loquat tree. It's beautiful! It's like a combination of spring and autumn, of bronze and green leaves. I wish it grew here, where I live:)

Reaction score
I've seen those around. Maybe even that very one, depending on whether that photo is from the Bay Area (I spy a Victorian on a hill in the background).

Ask a Question