Lemon tree growing from dead stem

Reaction score
Country
United States
My lemon tree died 2 years ago. I’ve kept it inside during the winter months. Would like to know if I should keep it or toss it?

Attachments

• IMG_2363.jpeg
    IMG_2363.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My lemon tree died 2 years ago. I’ve kept it inside during the winter months. Would like to know if I should keep it or toss it?
If the tree was originally grafted toss it as the new growth is coming from the rootstock and the fruit will be unedible. I can't tell for sure from the picture but unless you grew the plant from a seed it is a 99% chance it was grafted.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sorry to hear about your lemon tree! Keeping it indoors during winter shows you've been giving it some love and care. Before tossing it out, it might be worth trying to revive it. Check the roots for any signs of rot and consider giving it some fresh soil, proper drainage, and a good watering routine. With a little TLC, you never know, your lemon tree might just surprise you and bounce back. Give it another shot and let nature work its magic!

Ask a Question