Lawn troubles...

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,

I'm in a cooler climate area of Australia and have a Kikuyu back lawn, which for the most part is thick and thriving. I'm having problems in one particular area where the grass just wont grow in a particular patch and the patch of bare earth seems to be spreading.

About 12 months ago, I top dressed a large area including this one with an 80:20 mix and also threw some seed around. This went well for about 8 months but now the grass seems to be dying off for some reason. It is relatively well watered and we have had a fair bit of rain over the past few months but it hasn't seemed to help. There are a few weeds, mainly clovers, growing up which I pull out or spray to keep competition down.

Is it possible theres something in the soil causing the problem? The area gets sun in the afternoon from about mid day onwards until sunset.

Thankyou!

Andy.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
You will have to test your soil to know it's pH. That's only when you will know which type of fertiliser you should add. Doing soil sampling is cheap nowadays. Meanwhile you can add manure before planting grass there.

Ask a Question