Lawn PH

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
IMG_20180919_141013.jpg
hmmm

Lawn ph is an important thing, yet the variety of home test agents sold are so stupid and have no calibration standards. So I bought some. No additional drops as required in the test tube thingy..I did the drops on the following pic where the 7.0 reference solution was used.

Its insanity...

IMG_20180919_150914.jpg

These two seem to aggree.. 5 drops chemistry on the bottom and a cheap gismo on the top of the picture

IMG_20180919_152127.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)Oh, no apologies needed. I am glad you shared your experience, Besides this is hardly a rant...first you must have many more words, the more incoherent the better, and you will need lots of angry words. that go on and on and on. That would make a proper rant.:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
:)Oh, no apologies needed. I am glad you shared your experience, Besides this is hardly a rant...first you must have many more words, the more incoherent the better, and you will need lots of angry words. that go on and on and on. That would make a proper rant.:LOL:
Oh just wait until I screw something up. It seems inevitable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I'll look forward to it.:happy:
See? It happened already.I went out the day after a big rain and took ph measures with the digi meters. I have 2 because trust issues. Anyways the things showed me I was overcooking my pursuit of a lower ph and I even saw a 4.75. So yesterday the lawn got dolomited. I absolutely hate the digimeters because they only work when the soil is wet enough but not in just water. Well they are called soil meters not water meters but still...I do not trust that fine line between wet enough and too dry to trust a reading. Plus rain is a bit lower ph than treated to be nuetral tap water.

Ask a Question