Latest plant in your garden?

Reaction score
Oh! :D I love Lily of the valley :love: ! It is my most favorite plant! I so wish it grew where I live :( But still looking at it makes me happy :) BTW, yours look fabulous! Thank you for pic.
Thank you!!! I am pretty sure you can have them grow where you live. Lily of the Valley is not hard to grow and can be grown anywhere. They're herbaceous perennial plants and they spread gradually. But you have to be careful not to plant them around other plants. They're very beautiful and strongly scented but toxic to humans, cats and dogs. :(

All parts of the plant are highly poisonous. :confused: That's why I highly recommend using gloves!!!! (y)

Reaction score
I recently transferred my basil into a new pot and it is growing gorgeous. It hasn't had any wilting problems and is as fluffy as ever!

Reaction score
Oh. Your mom and son must be really enjoying gardening. :) Thanks for answering.

No problem, haha. She bought the set because he was using a children's spade in her garden. When we got home and opened it up, the two seed packets fell out. They had a great time, and we never expected anything to come of it. It's been about a week now, and I think I might have to transplant some of the sprouts out of their pots, because most of them are coming up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
NaturalBeauty_35, this is a really lovely Lilly of the Valley. I love this plant, I grow it too. It smells beautifully, doesn't it? I wish it wasn't toxic:( I heard that even Lilly of the Valley perfumes can be dangerous. Now, I'm a little scared of wearing them.

Reaction score
a group of plants kind of together, close enough that i don't remember the exact order.

a bunch of annuals for the pond project i posted. i also put them in pots that are around the pond. some hostas that are also in the pond pots and some i got for pots in the front yard. a couple of tomato plants, a pepper and a hot pepper, and a couple onion sets for a grill area idea i posted about a while back. also in the pots around the pond i put in strawberry plants. normally i put elephant ears or scented gardenias in those pots, but i wanted to try something different. so far i've been getting about 1 strawberry a day. and last (it might have actually been the last now that i think on it) a black elephant ear i picked up at a flea market.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Thank you!!! I am pretty sure you can have them grow where you live. Lily of the Valley is not hard to grow and can be grown anywhere. They're herbaceous perennial plants and they spread gradually. But you have to be careful not to plant them around other plants. They're very beautiful and strongly scented but toxic to humans, cats and dogs. :(

All parts of the plant are highly poisonous. :confused: That's why I highly recommend using gloves!!!! (y)

I am not sure,mam . I remember reading somewhere that they require cool, temperate climate and that it would not do well in India (if it did, it would already be growing there, since it originated in Eurasia).. BTW, I live in India :p. Anwyhz' I will check once again. :D Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I recently transferred my basil into a new pot and it is growing gorgeous. It hasn't had any wilting problems and is as fluffy as ever!
Oh. What type of soil did you use? I too bought a basil recently and I have planted it in a sandy soil. I don't think so it's doing well :(. I water it 2-4 times a week and it also contains a drainage hole. I don't see any growth in my plant (n).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
No problem, haha. She bought the set because he was using a children's spade in her garden. When we got home and opened it up, the two seed packets fell out. They had a great time, and we never expected anything to come of it. It's been about a week now, and I think I might have to transplant some of the sprouts out of their pots, because most of them are coming up.
Wow.. that's good to know :D. Happy Gardening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
NaturalBeauty_35, this is a really lovely Lilly of the Valley. I love this plant, I grow it too. It smells beautifully, doesn't it? I wish it wasn't toxic:( I heard that even Lilly of the Valley perfumes can be dangerous. Now, I'm a little scared of wearing them.
:cautious: Dangerous? Now I am scared of buying one :cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
a group of plants kind of together, close enough that i don't remember the exact order.

a bunch of annuals for the pond project i posted. i also put them in pots that are around the pond. some hostas that are also in the pond pots and some i got for pots in the front yard. a couple of tomato plants, a pepper and a hot pepper, and a couple onion sets for a grill area idea i posted about a while back. also in the pots around the pond i put in strawberry plants. normally i put elephant ears or scented gardenias in those pots, but i wanted to try something different. so far i've been getting about 1 strawberry a day. and last (it might have actually been the last now that i think on it) a black elephant ear i picked up at a flea market.
Wow! You are AWESOME! I cannot even think of managing all of them :ROFLMAO: .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
:cautious: Dangerous? Now I am scared of buying one :cry:
Yes, I heard that they can be dangerous. But I had been wearing them for a really long time before I read an article about them and nothing happened, so maybe we shouldn't worry. Lilies of the Valley are highly poisonous though. If you keep them in water and then drink this water, it may kill you. This is why I'm always very careful, I don't touch those plants if I don't have to, I only look at them:)

Reaction score
Howdy!!

What is the latest plant you bought? When did you get it?

Mine are Basil, Coleus. I bought them about a month ago. And I will be getting a Desert rose and Snake plant soon. :)

What about yours?

Going to the local garden center tomorrow for a few things....i'm sure i'll find something besides vegetables, which is the last thing I bought. I got tomatoes (grape, cherry, regular and a few yellows), cantelope, cucumber, a couple of those small round watermelon. Its been awhile since we're well into the vegetable growing season here and I've already picked a few cherry tomatoes. Cool you mentioned you got a coleus. I'm gonna be looking tomorrow to see what kind of selection they have. Coleus are great....so many types, colors. I did a google search and found so many pictures. Too bad they die at the first frost, but at least you can take clippings, put them in water inside for the winter and you will have a few cuttings available for replanting the following spring. I also need to look for a couple of summer annuals to replace a few of my cool season annuals (though I still have petunias and mini snapdragons hanging on since last fall).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Yes, I heard that they can be dangerous. But I had been wearing them for a really long time before I read an article about them and nothing happened, so maybe we shouldn't worry. Lilies of the Valley are highly poisonous though. If you keep them in water and then drink this water, it may kill you. This is why I'm always very careful, I don't touch those plants if I don't have to, I only look at them:)
Oh. It's okay then. :) I will definitely get one. Yeah. I wish it wasn't that poisonous :( but still it looks wonderful too :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Going to the local garden center tomorrow for a few things....i'm sure i'll find something besides vegetables, which is the last thing I bought. I got tomatoes (grape, cherry, regular and a few yellows), cantelope, cucumber, a couple of those small round watermelon. Its been awhile since we're well into the vegetable growing season here and I've already picked a few cherry tomatoes. Cool you mentioned you got a coleus. I'm gonna be looking tomorrow to see what kind of selection they have. Coleus are great....so many types, colors. I did a google search and found so many pictures. Too bad they die at the first frost, but at least you can take clippings, put them in water inside for the winter and you will have a few cuttings available for replanting the following spring. I also need to look for a couple of summer annuals to replace a few of my cool season annuals (though I still have petunias and mini snapdragons hanging on since last fall).
Wow. You must really have an enormous garden. :) You must really be enjoying gardening to maintain and grow such delicacies. :love: Well, honestly we never have frost here in India. So, there's no problem with my Coleus. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh. It's okay then. :) I will definitely get one. Yeah. I wish it wasn't that poisonous :( but still it looks wonderful too :)
I always think that beautiful plants like this shouldn't be poisonous. It just isn't fair, is it?:unsure: I'd love to plant Lilies of the Valley everywhere in my garden, but I can't do this, because it would be too risky:( It's such a pity.
I'm glad that roses aren't poisonous at all!

Ask a Question