Latest plant in your garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Howdy!!

What is the latest plant you bought? When did you get it?

Mine are Basil, Coleus. I bought them about a month ago. And I will be getting a Desert rose and Snake plant soon. :)

What about yours?

Reaction score
The very last plant I got was y Calla Lily :) Yeah, it's been a while since I got new plants for my garden. My Calla Lily was the last one. I got the bulb as a gift from my dad. He knew I love flowers, so he got me a bulb, he asked a neighbor of his if he could get a bulb, she said yes and he gave it to me. It was so nice of him :) That's why I really like the idea of taking that plant with me if I move abroad, at least the bulbs, because every time I see it I think of my dad and my country. Other nice memories come in mind as well...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
The very last plant I got was y Calla Lily :) Yeah, it's been a while since I got new plants for my garden. My Calla Lily was the last one. I got the bulb as a gift from my dad. He knew I love flowers, so he got me a bulb, he asked a neighbor of his if he could get a bulb, she said yes and he gave it to me. It was so nice of him :) That's why I really like the idea of taking that plant with me if I move abroad, at least the bulbs, because every time I see it I think of my dad and my country. Other nice memories come in mind as well...
Oh! I adore Calla Lilies. They don't grow where I live. Aww... That was very sweet of your dad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The latest plant in my garden are tulips from my boyfriend. I had kept them in a flower pot for the first two weeks. When they withered, I planted them outside. I hope I'll see them again in spring, they're really lovely:) Tulips have always been one of my favorite flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
The latest plant in my garden are tulips from my boyfriend. I had kept them in a flower pot for the first two weeks. When they withered, I planted them outside. I hope I'll see them again in spring, they're really lovely:) Tulips have always been one of my favorite flowers.
Aww...that;s very sweet of your boyfriend. I like Tulips. Though they don't grow where I live. I saw them in pictures. They are pretty flowers. Making a plant from flower is a brilliant idea!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Two desert roses grafted from Thailand (obesum species) and one desert rose ( arabicum species) all purchased in the last two month.

Oh! I love desert rose. I don't know why. But I just love it. Your plants must be beautiful. And Welcome to the forums. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Aww...that;s very sweet of your boyfriend. I like Tulips. Though they don't grow where I live. I saw them in pictures. They are pretty flowers. Making a plant from flower is a brilliant idea!
I don't have to make a plant from flowers, I don't think it would be possible. My boyfriend gave me tulip bulbs, so taking care of them and planting them was very easy:)
Unfortunately, they bloom only once a year, so I have to wait to see them again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I don't have to make a plant from flowers, I don't think it would be possible. My boyfriend gave me tulip bulbs, so taking care of them and planting them was very easy:)
Unfortunately, they bloom only once a year, so I have to wait to see them again.
:p Crazy me! Sorry. Oh. Well, something is better than nothing. You get to look at them at least once a year unlike me.

Reaction score
My mom saw a toddler gardening set she just had to splurge on. She and my son planted beans and pumpkins that came with it, and they're actually sprouting. I'll be interested to see how they turn out.

Reaction score
The latest plant I have bought is Lilly of the Valley from a Home Depot Store. I bought a few of them two months ago in pots. Recently, I have decided to transfer them to the ground and they grew tremendously. What I love about this plant is if they don't languish and die, it spreads beautifully all over the place.

This is a few of them I have planted in my front lawn

dsc02005.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
My mom saw a toddler gardening set she just had to splurge on. She and my son planted beans and pumpkins that came with it, and they're actually sprouting. I'll be interested to see how they turn out.
Oh. Your mom and son must be really enjoying gardening. :) Thanks for answering.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
The latest plant I have bought is Lilly of the Valley from a Home Depot Store. I bought a few of them two months ago in pots. Recently, I have decided to transfer them to the ground and they grew tremendously. What I love about this plant is if they don't languish and die, it spreads beautifully all over the place.

This is a few of them I have planted in my front lawn

View attachment 2877
Oh! :D I love Lily of the valley :love: ! It is my most favorite plant! I so wish it grew where I live :( But still looking at it makes me happy :) BTW, yours look fabulous! Thank you for pic.

Ask a Question