My latest project - an old wagon

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IMG_2760.JPG
IMG_2762.JPG
Here is my latest project. It was buried in one of the barns on the property I bought. The chassis is all hand hewn wood so I'm going to guess it is from the late 1800s. The side boards are mill cut and fastened on with 1922 license plates. The bottom boards are gone but I have some that match the side boards so that won't be a problem. I have a period correct seat for it and will install it when the floor is repaired. Once the wood is all sealed and the metal is phosphates to stop the rust, it will go out in the front yard and be filled with seasonal plants and decorations.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
From October through December will be quite easy to decorate. Summer will probably be mostly potted flowers except for July 4. I welcome any suggestions for the rest of the year. I live in the uppermost North Carolina so I can grow plants almost year around with my little greenhouses.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What a wonderful find and project; thanks for sharing it. (y)

Initially when I saw "Silentrunning" and something with wheels attached in the US I immediately thought a biv "V eight" is going to be dropped in? :);):)

Kind regards, Colin.

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
View attachment 28975View attachment 28976Here is my latest project. It was buried in one of the barns on the property I bought. The chassis is all hand hewn wood so I'm going to guess it is from the late 1800s. The side boards are mill cut and fastened on with 1922 license plates. The bottom boards are gone but I have some that match the side boards so that won't be a problem. I have a period correct seat for it and will install it when the floor is repaired. Once the wood is all sealed and the metal is phosphates to stop the rust, it will go out in the front yard and be filled with seasonal plants and decorations.
What a piece of history!
very cool-talk about a barn find!
have fun with the project and keep posting as you go.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
View attachment 28975View attachment 28976Here is my latest project. It was buried in one of the barns on the property I bought. The chassis is all hand hewn wood so I'm going to guess it is from the late 1800s. The side boards are mill cut and fastened on with 1922 license plates. The bottom boards are gone but I have some that match the side boards so that won't be a problem. I have a period correct seat for it and will install it when the floor is repaired. Once the wood is all sealed and the metal is phosphates to stop the rust, it will go out in the front yard and be filled with seasonal plants and decorations.

Wow, how fantastic Silentrunning. You obviously keep very busy. I love a project myself but yours are a little bigger than mine. ;):)

Ask a Question