Late freeze warning

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Kansas and we are supposed to get a late freeze tonight. I planted 10 coral bells last year and because we had a lot of very warm days starting in mid March which continued into April, fairly normal here. The weather most of April has been very warm, 80s. So everything is growing like gangbusters. They are in a bed against the front my home, a north facing home. Will my coral bells survive this late freeze without being covered? I also planted 3 columbines last year which are already blooming so I am going to cover those.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Tricia, welcome to the forums :) If I were you, with a frost on the way, I would cover your plants over with fleece or something similar. Prevention is always better than cure I think. Better safe than sorry (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Now if you can just find a way of covering fruit trees. My peach and cherry trees flowered then we got snow the next day. We only got to 31 or 32 degrees and most of what I have read says major damage to these two fruits happen around 28 degrees. Oh well, 3 more weeks until my average last frost date.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ha ha Mr Yan, if the fruit trees are any taller than 5feet that would be beyond all control for me :LOL:

Ask a Question