Landscape Design Inspiration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,,

Just posted regarding plants against a west facing wall and plants, the patch i am renovating is a medium size lawn against the wall. I have just been looking for some inspiration but can't seem to find it

The lawn is square approx 4mx 4m, i would lie to break it up but i wanted to avoid doing the standard circle in the middle thing ........ can anyone link me to some good inspiration pages ?

Thanks !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
The RHS website is full of good plant ideas, as far as advice on the shape of your border flowing curves is good and easy to mow around, you can have your borders as long or wide as you can cope with but like you circles in the middle of the lawn don't inspire. I would rather see one decent border than two or three little tiddlers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Westcountrycat sounds like we live not to far away perhaps in the same county, we live in West Somerset between Bridgwater and Minehead. Let me try to inspire you.,, Firstly I would suggest that for a border in your lawn,you create one one side of the lawn all down one edge but instead of having a straight line gently curve the edge flowing curve like the tide coming in on a beach, this will give you an irregular shape which in itself is pleasing to the eye, make your borderabout a metre wide and plant with Herbaceous plants tall at the back if against a wall medium size in the middle and short at the front giving a tiered effect, if the border is not against a wall or fence etc and is in open ground you can vary the heights of the plants but I suggest the variation be gradual so as the whole thing flows don't go from 1 metre high plants straight down to 75 cm high as this does not flow and looks awkward, there is much info on Web regarding herbaceous plants most are easy to grow and split if and when needed. If you need any more help post further comments and one of us will do what we can for you.

Ask a Question