Orchids within the landscape

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Nassau: Annual Weather Averages. July is the hottest month in Nassau with an average temperature of 28°C (82°F) and the coldest is January at 21°C (70°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 10 in August. The wettest month is July with an average of 220mm of rain.
Country
Bahamas
Orchids are very exotic plants with their fine texture and beautiful flowers. I have worked with these plants over the years and I just love to see them in their array of colors when they are full bloom. Care should be taken when applying maintenance procedures.

What I find to be very interesting also is that the followers can be broken off very easily so you should handle them with care. It's amazing how these plants can be attached to the trunks or branches of trees and continue to grow and bloom.

These plants have also been known to draw moisture from the air. what are your thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I love Orchids. They have a type that grows wild in Hawaii. I have never tried to grow them since I thought they are fickle and hard to keep alive. They are gorgeous plants though.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes absolutely.They are a real treat for your eyes.Am listing out a few varieties that can be easily grown
Dendrobiums (prefer low light)

Oncidiums (can be grown outdoors in summer, indoors in winter)

Paphiopedilums (prefer low light)

Phalaenopsis (prefer low light and rebloom)

Ask a Question