help need some landscape ideas zone 4!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Because its winter and can't wait for spring to come already.. Im planning to do some work on my front yard this year.

I need help on what paint looks good on my house and also landscape ideas.. wanted the boring shrub gone.

Thank You!
HOUSE.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I always encourage people to add native plant species, so consider creating a native garden. It'll attract butterflies, hummingbirds and other beneficial insects and animals. It would really work well in that mulch line that runs along the front of the house and curves to the shrub you want gone. Consider nice, showy plants like Orange Milkweed, Purple Coneflowers, Black-eyed Susans, and Blanket Flowers. Those are plants that would make your neighbors jealous! (y)

IMG_1400 (2) copy.jpg

IMG_1907 copy.jpg IMG_2852 (2) coopy.jpg IMG_2858 (2) copy.jpg IMG_3380 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum!

JB makes a very good point that native plants can look lovely and are very important to the local ecosystem. In terms of the layout, how about having, say, 3 over-lapping circles of grass, and use all the space around the edge for flowerbeds? It would make it look more interesting, and it would be really pretty :)

A little like this perhaps:

overlapping-circles-2.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I like they way your house looks I would keep it more on the yellow side and use some brighter colored shutters, I would keep the front simple with some native plants with lots of color in them when the bloom. Hosta would do well in your area and don't need a lot of work, there not a native plant but the bees and butterflies love them.

Reaction score
Country
China
if you may have an umbrella and front porch chairs combining with wind chimes~

Ask a Question