joe009a new to forum

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks for posting pics, you have a beautiful pond, and I love your fish!

Your pond looks huge, how many gallons,how deep is it and how many fish do you have in there?
My pond is about 3800gls, I have 10 koi and 2 Shubunkins in there.We're about to start digging our second pond, I'm so addicted to koi!:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United States
the pond is about 7000 gal,there are about 60 koi i have been giving away fish all the time,and about to give awat another 10.i built a 3 stage mechanical filter that is 8 ft. long,and the 4 waterfalls are bio filters.i have had over 100 koi at one time the pond is 2 ft. by the deck and 3 ft. at the far end.there are 5 bottom drains and a skimmer the water is gin clear all year.i also built ethans phoam phraxionator that takes out the doc

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Your system sounds great! ....100 koi, wow!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have to get my water better before I risk getting koi. I’ve heard they may not like the ph very well here, but my goldfish are doing great. I’ll add some epsom salt to my roses, thanks for the good advice!

Reaction score
Country
United States
add baking soda the your pond,it will stabilize the ph to about 8.3.you could get a kh test kit and keep the kh to above 80ppm.i keep the kh to about 140.fish dont like the kh to fluctuate.

Ask a Question