Is this normal?

Reaction score
Our chilli/pepper plant (we're really not sure what they are :p) has these little purpley black markings on the stem. Is this something normal or is it something bad? The others don't seem to have this.

2014-06-03 12.01.47.jpg

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I know, that is completely normal :)

Have you grown it from seed?

Reaction score
That's great! Thanks a lot!

Yup we've grown it from seed. Didn't seem to have much luck with the others but this one has battled on :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks better than my one, i'm loosing leaves, got a sneaking suspicion there's a caterpillar hiding in the pot somewhere :ninja:

Reaction score
Looks better than my one, i'm loosing leaves, got a sneaking suspicion there's a caterpillar hiding in the pot somewhere :ninja:
That's exactly what has happened to our other two. I thought I'd caught him but alas, holes are still appearing.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Had mine soaking in liquid feed for the past 3 hours, nothing came out of the pot, so hopefully whatever was eating it has drowned.

Reaction score
This plant has actually started flowering now. I'm pretty stoked. Thanks everyone, I was really hoping one of these would survive and this one has. Now to just wait and see what it's actually going to grow!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm happy to hear that your plant survived and is doing fine:) I always observe my roses very carefully too. Whenever I notice weird spots or anything like it, I start worrying. My plants are very important to me:)

Ask a Question