Is this mildew on my indoor miniature rose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If it is mildew, what should I do about it?

Attachments

• IMG_20230504_164114.jpg
    IMG_20230504_164114.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20230504_164122.jpg
    IMG_20230504_164122.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looks like mites to me. Spray with Neem Oil every plant you have every 5-7 days for 3 weeks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the suggestions! I looked really closely at the leaves (even with a magnifying glass) but couldn't see any spider mites or mealy bugs on the top or underside of the leaves. When I gave the plant a little shake, some of the powder seemed to come off. I don't have any neem oil or methylated spirit, so I sprayed the rose plant with castile soap and water, put it outside, and hoped for the best!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BB there is another way of making insecticidal soap. If you stick a bit of veggie oil and some wash up liquid in one of those spray bottles with a drop of water, you could try spraying that on. Good luck.
PS with awkward bugs, I have in the past cut plants right off at the bottom, stuck all the affected tops on the bonfire (or dustbin) and waited. They usually grow back again all lovely :happy:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BB there is another way of making insecticidal soap. If you stick a bit of veggie oil and some wash up liquid in one of those spray bottles with a drop of water, you could try spraying that on. Good luck.
PS with awkward bugs, I have in the past cut plants right off at the bottom, stuck all the affected tops on the bonfire (or dustbin) and waited. They usually grow back again all lovely :happy:
Thanks for the advice! I actually gave the rose a trim and removed some of the sets of leaves that were affected.

Ask a Question