Powdery mildew in 102degF heat?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This cucumber plant has a history of powdery mildew... somehow it miraculously has not spread to the cantaloupe plant next to it. More miraculously though... is its return after I deep watered it one day. My first developed cucumber had a tiny end and big size at the stem, and I read it was due to lack of water. So I gave it a solid watering and then in a couple days I saw this. Can this mold really survive in 102 degree F weather or am I seeing something else? Maybe leftover insecticidal soap from spraying neem?
IMG_6913.jpg

IMG_6914.jpg

And here's the cucumber I saw that made me deep water the plant in the first place...
D597DDB8-D309-4B48-9339-4B47592AB798.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is not from lack of water. It is from improper pollination. As for the mildew, I don't think that is mildew because for one it doesn't look like it and number two powdery mildew grows best in 70F-80F and it is way above that. I don't know what it is for sure but it looks more like hard water stains than mildew. But, to be on the safe side mix 2 heaping tablespoons of baking soda into a pint of water and spray.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
That is not from lack of water. It is from improper pollination. As for the mildew, I don't think that is mildew because for one it doesn't look like it and number two powdery mildew grows best in 70F-80F and it is way above that. I don't know what it is for sure but it looks more like hard water stains than mildew. But, to be on the safe side mix 2 heaping tablespoons of baking soda into a pint of water and spray.
Awesome will do. And good to know about the watering… this bed is very stable water-wise so I was very surprised to read that, but I probably should’ve looked up more pictures to be sure. Thanks Chuck!

Ask a Question