Is the weather 'seasonable' where you live?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
One of the nicest things about this forum is that its members are all across the world.

Here in the UK we talk about the weather a lot - I guess it's a 'safe' conversation topic - and a lot of what one hears is discussion of how unseasonably warm/cold/wet/dry it is at any point. Looking back at last year's diary I reckon the wether's pretty much the same as it was this time last year. How about where you live? Has the season brought you any surprises?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh my stars, YES we have had surprises! We have been so much wetter than usual. The temperatures are normal, but we have more rain than we ever get in October, and it's carrying over into November. This October was the 5th wettest in 120 years!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
In the Northeast we are having very unseasonable warmth, the last few days we were in the 70'sF with overnights in the high 50's. In comparison last year at this time I was digging out from under 7feet of snow. The local weather says this is part of El Nino, it seems to me there was a winter a few years back that was very nice and mild. When I compare this to what it was like as a child I feel like back then the weather was very harsh, at one point I wondered why we lived in such a frozen tundra because there was always ice underfoot.

Our summer this year was rather moderate, we did not have the heat like we have had the last few years. We only had a handful of very hot days.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Unseasonably warm here too, already two records have been broken for high November temps. 80F in November, in Michigan, really? :eek: Like @Mockingbird we usually have snow by now.

Which is OK by me actually, the last two winters have been pretty brutal for extreme cold, ice storms and heavy snow so I think we deserve a mild el Nino winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
In Japan right now we're getting a fair bit of rain. October was lovely (typically one of the nicer months of the year!) but it seems like as soon as November hit, it's like winter decided to come out and say hello. It's been a dreary week and we've had rain basically every day. Today in particular has been non stop drizzle, which is taking a toll on my motivation and productivity - and it's impossible to get anything done in the garden when the weather is like this!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our seasons here are the wet and dry only. The rains would be coming starting in June and normally ends in October. But lately the rains are unpredictable. When I was young, December is a rain-free month but now we are experiencing rains even in November, December and January. But for the standard seasons of wet and dry, planting here also goes by the season. Rice and other crops are planted when the rain comes and harvesting is done when the rain ends.

Reaction score
So far same as with last year the month of November is already cool which only means that winter is coming and there are occasional rains sometimes this month and I am not surprised anymore and the weather is just always the same during this season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We do too, talking about the weather most of the time. It is a safe subject to bring up and everyone has an opinion about it :) We have seasonal weather, spring, summer, fall and winter for sure! Each season is totally different from one another as far as the temperature go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The climate is changing, so every season is full of surprises:) You can't be bored. This fall is quite warm and dry. I like it. There is nothing better than going for long walks and looking at colorful leaves. Everyone hopes winter will be warm too. I hate the snow.

Ask a Question