Indoor Plants and housecats?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I haven't dared to have indoor plants for years, because of my two cats. They destroy any floral arrangement that comes into the house, whether it's from the florist or flowers I bring in from the gardens. Are there any plants that my darling furry friends would stay away from? And which plants are poisonous to them--I would certainly want to avoid those!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Belgium
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
As they are indoor cats, they need some other object to keep them distracted and tire them out so they do leave the non moving plants alone. Look into one of those toys that stands and moves and entices them to play with it. Also use some cat nip to prime items you want them to use. I have 3 cats that like to stay indoors, but they can go outside to expel their energy, thus my plants are left alone. Cats can also take direction, a simple verbal No when they are in the act. Or a spray of water from a squirt gun works, they take the hint right away. Mine know their place in our house. No counter tops allowed.

Ask a Question