Indoors plants!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Indoors plants are reported to have risen exponentially (sorry, the poser in me has to come out!) in sales.

If you have a new house or flat, which indoor plants would you like to receive please?

For me, Mother in law tongue and streptocarpus with crazy frilly edges and webbed tongue, colour similar to that in my avatar!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am not in a new house, can I participate? :unsure: :(

I guess since I wrote that, I may as well answer the question! :p I don't have room for a new houseplant, but I would make room for :love: the frilly royal blue and white streptocarpus you posted once.

I would also make room for @Esther Knapicius' purple shamrock plant. (y)

:ROFLMAO: Or... either one of these kalanchoes

upload_2017-10-31_0-7-2.jpeg
. . . .
upload_2017-10-31_0-7-59.jpeg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @MaryMary Of course, you can participate. In the news, one of the reasons given for the rise in popularity of indoor plants was that they are now often given away as house warming gifts.

I don't have a new house, but now I often look out for mother in law's tongue and ask my son to put his head next to it at night. All thanks to @Vishu1708 's posts on the subject .. air purifying indoor plants.

I wonder which streptocarpus you were talking about. I must say your objets de désire look very exotic and quaint.. especially the first one .. I think every one of the pink leaflets might make a new plant .. I could be wrong..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not too good with house plants...tend to stick with the ones that survive the ordeal of living with me!!!:D:ROFLMAO:

Was given a moth orchid years ago and..... amazingly I haven't killed it and it blooms at least twice a year.

I was also given a lovely Peace Lilly about 18 yrs ago and I am proud to say that survived well for years but then it began to look very poorly abut 2 yrs ago.I repotted it but some how things got worse so earlier this year I chucked most of it away and just kept a titchy bit and repotted it in fresh compost......I will whisper it ,as I don't want to jinx it........ it's doing ok!:D Albeit it still being very tiny!

Also pinched a leaf from a friend's Christmas Cactus a couple of years ago that grew on to have several leaves ...so once again I snuck a leaf from it and planted that as well. ........Well .....I feel like a proud new mum....a couple of weeks ago they both broke out in bloom for the very first time....again albeit it very small.

Please don't spoil my glowing pride.....I know these are all suppose to be easy and indestructible plants to grow..........but you don't know me!!:X3::LOL::X3::LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I was also given a lovely Peace Lilly about 18 yrs ago

Corrr.. That's brilliant. How have you managed to do that? i killed them all the times, too hot, too dry.. I keep buying peace lilies. I even killed my lovely dracaena..:eek: :cry:

You really have green fingers, @Upsy Daisy !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
........hold your horses there @alp, it's still only small and has yet to bloom.....but has sprouted a new leaf (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What did you feed your orchids with? They put on a better show than those in shops.. 3 flowering stems.. I'm speechless!

The first one a canna? Wouldn't call it small!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The first is the baby Peace Lilly.

I don't feed the orchid, except for an orchid foliage spray that I use in-between blooming periods.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You've done well. That's a fantastic display .. I have one stem with about 6 buds, but it's very slow. I might feed it with banana ..

Ask a Question