Indoor gardening showcase

Reaction score
No, the glass bottle in the picture, I recently started a terrarium in that particular bottle. The plants in the pot are a combination of 3 smaller plants that I had, I combined them all in one pot and added a Yucca plant or stalk in the middle that, when it begins to grow, will be similar to the larger one pictured above. I'll keep you updated by posting pictures every couple of months or so, if you are interested.

Also, worms won't live indoors even if they are in soil, they will live for a short while but if you're truly caring for the plant, and spraying it periodically, for pest, worms won't thrive in that environment.

So basically my ex was phobic about indoor earthworms and plants for no good reason. I always suspected that. It's cool that you have a terrarium in the bottle. I couldn't tell if it was liquid plant food or something because you can't really see the bottle too well in the picture.
The yucca plant combo you started is looking good, please keep us posted on your progress.

Reaction score
Taskenic, Those are just beautiful! Plants and flowers always enhance the look of a home. You really inspired me to get a nice tall indoor plant.

Reaction score
I saw some good looking indoor plants on Pinterest. I can't wait to get my own place so I can make this indoor jungle look happen.

0050bf075676850889024921bcc195fb.jpg

f2fa38255baa445ce231bde4f852131c.jpg

2de5945c728aaaeb4574990060104c1a.jpg

Reaction score
Gorgeous! I love all the photos! You guys are inspiring me to plant more indoor plants! Here's one of my "experiments". I had a Pampered Chef Trifle bowl I never used and thought I'd use it for a plant. I was also surprised with a gold fish and had no where to put it...so in it went with the plant! Eventually I'll move the fish out and place some colored glass stones in the bottom to give it a little color.

fishbowlplant_zpsaf41a00d.jpg

Reaction score
I don't have as much space as I would like but I do have quite a few house plants. I do resist the temptation to turn it into a jungle but its not easy. My next apartment will definitely have more room and plenty of sunny windows.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Love your plants. I had a house in California that had about 60 plants in the living room. I miss not having the space to have that many plants at one time.

My dream is to have a greenhouse so that I can grow as many plants as I want to. I have a peace plant right now that is not growing well at all, I am thinking about taking it out of the soil and putting in water only for awhile to see if it will get better.

Reaction score
Wow! This really inspires me to create an indoor plant showcase. I do raise "air plants" and they have begun to grow nicely. I now have to think of unique and creative ways to display them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Wow! This really inspires me to create an indoor plant showcase. I do raise "air plants" and they have begun to grow nicely. I now have to think of unique and creative ways to display them.

We've had a few discussions about air plants; some people have had success with them and some haven't. Maybe you could start a new thread "Tips for air plant success," or something similar for those of us who are interested in trying them out.

Reaction score
Nice pictures Taskenic , people are always shocked by how I enjoy plants so much and have a lot going on outside, but only grow a few inside. I personally love to have a pretty orchid, cactus or aloe indoors. You inspired me to grow more plants indoors thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question