Hydroponic indoor gardening - vegetables

Reaction score
I've just recently begun looking into Hydroponic gardening. It's seems fairly straight forward. I live in a very dry, hot climate and will have to grow my garden inside. I know it's doable. I'd be interested to hear what veggies you've grown successfully.

Reaction score
I like the idea of hydroponic gardening. If you do start growing veggies that route, be sure to take pictures for us all to see your accomplishments. :)

My aunt was into hydroponics for a while. She grew huge carrots and romaine lettuce. Since her garden was outside, she had a problem with rabbits eating most of her growth.

Reaction score
Hi,

We just started our aquaponic for almost a month now. I understand that you are asking about hydroponic and I asked my husband if what kind of thing we have right now and hHe said it is aquaponic because we have the vegetable bed(hdyrdoponic) and the fish. The concept is very similar. Our set-up is a combination of two, the hydroponic and aquaculture. We only have one set-up right now and planning to make more grow beds.. We planted lettuce, pechay, peas,cabbage, onion, garlic and aloe. The plants are great and so healthy. It is very rewarding. We haven't harvest it yet because the leaves are yellow because of much nitrogen produce by the fish. So, right now, we are trying to add more veges to balance them. It is very exciting.... Though, you need to spent money to start it with but it is great.

Reaction score
This is something I would love to try at some point, it looks like a fascinating way to grow plants of all kinds. I hope we will get more posts on this and how to go about setting things up.

Reaction score
This is something I would love to try at some point, it looks like a fascinating way to grow plants of all kinds. I hope we will get more posts on this and how to go about setting things up.
I am 100% with you. This is very interesting and a great alternative. It will be great to see what people have accomplished with this type of gardening.
I have seen it in Epcot, during a tour of their agricultural section. It was, I think, what the topic is in this thread.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree this is an interesting way to grow plants a step above rooting in water. I would like to get more information to see if it is something I could do in the future when I have more room for plants.

Reaction score
I have grown so much. Since you're looking just for vegetables, here's my list of what I've grown successfully:

• Broccoli
  • Onion
  • Spinach
  • Cucumber
  • Green Peppers
  • Red Peppers
  • Green Beans
  • Carrots
  • Peas
  • Lettuce
  • Cabbage
  • Tomatoes
  • Squash
While I have grown all of these, I have to decide what is worth growing for me and what isn't. I'll grown anything outside, but inside takes precious space. Right now I have decided to grow:

• Broccoli
  • Onion
  • Spinach
  • Green Peppers
  • Red Peppers
  • Green Beans
  • Carrots
  • Peas
  • Lettuce
  • Tomatoes

Reaction score
Which nutrient are you using? Also are you using any additives? Also what nutrient strength are you using, in whatever scale you choose?
It's just a very interesting list of crops to grow on one nutrient strength.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is a very interesting list of crops to grow, I would be interested to know how much space it would take to grow that many crops and just how much are you able to harvest.

Ask a Question