Indoor vertical gardening

Reaction score
I have three, very large bay windows in my apartment, and have had great success in growing vegetables in pots. The windows get great sun! I have been thinking lately though, that because the windows are so high, vertical gardening may produce the most yield out of such a small space. Can anyone recommend this? Because I rent, it cannot cause too much damage to the walls, the damage would have to be easy to fix, like spackling and such.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You could use some shelves as planters, in my opinion it would be very convenient and it wouldn't cause any damage to the walls.
Here is a picture of what I'm talking about:

my_spice_rack_garden2.jpg

Reaction score
You could use some shelves as planters, in my opinion it would be very convenient and it wouldn't cause any damage to the walls.

That is pretty much exactly what I am looking for, thank you! The only thing I am afraid of, however, is watering the plants. I know when I water the top ones, it will trickle down to the other plants, but any idea on what to put down at the bottom to prevent getting water on my windowsill? This looks like the perfect size for my bay windows, though! It looks like it is just some sort of shower shelf, is that correct?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm glad that you like it:) . Yup, it's very possible that it's a shower shelf, I'm not sure but I saw something like this not so long time ago at a supermarket.
As for preventing getting water on your windowsill - any oblong container should do the job.

Ask a Question