In home/tiny bugs

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I'm in Ohio and growing an avocado tree inside my home. Bought the soil from a local meijers and a very large pot. The tree has been doing great, but there are hundreds of little flying bugs. They are not strong flyers and have very sporadic flight patterns. I've seen they're young are white worms. There is also almost microscopic redish orange mites. I've tried everything to get rid of them from several different sprays organic and non organic also several cups of diatomaceous earth mixed thoroughly into the soil. Seemingly the DE helped them because now there are more than before. Hobbyist community please help.

I've also tried hydrogen peroxide flooding and dried letting the soil dry for weeks at a time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So I'm in Ohio and growing an avocado tree inside my home. Bought the soil from a local meijers and a very large pot. The tree has been doing great, but there are hundreds of little flying bugs. They are not strong flyers and have very sporadic flight patterns. I've seen they're young are white worms. There is also almost microscopic redish orange mites. I've tried everything to get rid of them from several different sprays organic and non organic also several cups of diatomaceous earth mixed thoroughly into the soil. Seemingly the DE helped them because now there are more than before. Hobbyist community please help.

I've also tried hydrogen peroxide flooding and dried letting the soil dry for weeks at a time.
Photos would be a big help as we can only guess at what insects you have.

Ask a Question