If you had to choose one herb...

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the smell of dill. It makes the whole yard smell great. Basil is also a great-smelling herb.
Rosemary, which you can find just about anywhere, also has a great smell.
In our garden, we have cilantro, dill, basil ... Parsley grows great in Phoenix - almost grows like a weed.

Reaction score
For me it would have to be dill. That way I can make dill pickles or dill potatoes. Nutritionally there is a lot of calcium found in dill and being lactose intolerant is just another reason to enjoy copious amounts of its deliciousness.

Reaction score
I would choose Rosemary as well. It goes great and can be incorporated in almost anything. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to have Rosemary on Perogies or Pastalitos! The Rosemary is often what makes the whole dish. I've even been using it in omelets lately.
I have never really used rosemary in anything, but I planted rosemary in my garden for the first time this year, and I must say I'm a convert! It smells amazing, and even a little bit in a sauce gives it a distinctive taste. I've never tried it on perogies though, but since I'm having them tonight for supper I think I will! :)

Reaction score
I'm with Luke, I'd also pick mint, because that's the herb I use the most. I use it to cook, to prepare tea, and my dad uses it when he gets an upset stomach (he likes to boil it with some water and drink it). I also love how fragant this herb is!

I love making aromatic candles by the way, it's one of my hobbies, sometimes I use some mint leaves to make my candles. They smell amazing!

Reaction score
If I really could have only one, I'd have to take basil but I'd look for black market sage, rosemary, fennel. Life with only one herb would be devastating!

And I'd have to get rid of the 20+ pots I planted with herb seeds last week!

Reaction score
This is such a tricky question! Herbs are probably my favourite thing to grow. I wouldn't say basil, only because I lived next to an Italian family when I was younger and they used our garden to grow more basil (and roma tomatoes) than I ever need to see again in my life :) I would choose rosemary. I love the smell, and it goes great on meat and potatoes. I can also make a lovely bath salt scrub using rosemary.

Reaction score
Coriander. Goes well with Indian food or different in salads.

Tomatoes with lime juice a bit of salt and some chopped coriander. Perfect salad for summer BBQ's.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Philippines
I'm so torn between basil, coriander and mint. Basil is the best for pastas and it has such a fresh and enlightening taste. Mint has always been my favorite herb, perfect for hot days (which, sometimes, seems to be that all the Philippines is made of). My favorite cuisine is Indian though, and coriander is such a big part of their food!

I really can't choose, so I suppose in a world where we can only grow one herb each, I would strive to look for neighbors that grew two out of three, then I'd just trade for them!

Ask a Question